Help on loading time

hellmonja27

Reaction score
really? that's kind of a relief. i'm down to 591 triggers now and it improved a bit-- actually the improvement isn't that much noticeable. anyone wanna look at my map?... :D

hellmonja27

Reaction score
let's see. for 34 heroes that'll be 4 abilities per hero so 136 hero abilities. plus the miscellaneous ones which i have no idea how many they are since i just closed my WE, let's say +150 so that'll be approximately 286 abilities. and in true DotA fashion hero abilities only go to as much as level 4 and ultis at level 3...

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
let's see. for 34 heroes that'll be 4 abilities per hero so 136 hero abilities. plus the miscellaneous ones which i have no idea how many they are since i just closed my WE, let's say +150 so that'll be approximately 286 abilities. and in true DotA fashion hero abilities only go to as much as level 4 and ultis at level 3...

Level abilities? (a small sum to an approximate number)

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Remove ALL leaks.

Remove ALL leaks takes less space? That's a new one. Last time I check memory leaks occurs when data isn't deleted from free store after the pointer to it is destroyed. It will only affect run time memory usage, and not file space nor load time.

Use as many local variables as possible.
The only difference between locals and globals are globals can be accessed by any function. Might ease loading time lag, but other than that, no difference.

hellmonja27

Reaction score
hmm, well let's say half of them are Hero abilities so let's 250 x 4 then that'll be 1000 levels. plus the other half with 1 level each coz most of my misc. abilities have 1 level-- all in all 1250 levels... approximately-- is that bad?... :(

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
hmm, well let's say half of them are Hero abilities so let's 250 x 4 then that'll be 1000 levels. plus the other half with 1 level each coz most of my misc. abilities have 1 level-- all in all 1250 levels... approximately-- is that bad?... :(

Yes, it is. Example, if you take my computer with your map, the only 1250 abilities (if you get rid of all other things) will ~4-5 minutes to load.

Where does it exactly stuck?

Just write Red for the red part, or Green for the green part :

Code:
----------------------------------[COLOR="Red"]-------------[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]--[/COLOR]---

hellmonja27

Reaction score
sori that was my old account. technically it's not double posting i hope. but yeh that's exactly it, green part...

hellmonja27

Reaction score
so what should i do? move some stuff away from my map init trigger or reduce the number of custom abilities i have?...

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
You have too many of... everything unfortunately. It is a matter of loading time or budget cuts.

hellmonja27

Reaction score
T_T against 80 heroes i only have 35. i don't what to remove anymore. will it help if i just edit the normal WC3 abilities instead of making custom ones? for example the Bash ability. instead of making a custom Bash i just take the Mountain King's Bash and edit it. will that help?...

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Custom vs default makes no difference for loading time.
How could it?
Something that needs to be loaded... well, needs to be loaded.

Actually, if your map still lags once it has started, you're not preloading enough.

hellmonja27

Reaction score
no. only the loading. once everything is loaded the game doesn't lag anymore. it's quite smooth actually. i just don't get it. DotA has 50 more heroes than i do.

hmm, i'll try and experiment the "default vs custom" theory. thanks anyway...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.