Help - Plants vs Zombies

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To fix the zombies not going in their respective lanes, make sure that the lane in which they spawn has a number assigned to it, let's say 1.

Then, when you order it to move or whatever it should follow that number in the array.

For the second lane it should go as 2 and 2, and then 3 and 3, etc.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
@Accname

Aaaaa, wow thank you ^^ it took me a while to get it.

So i got this sorted out with trigger and such, but one problem is that i can't use allies Plant buildings and upgrade them to towers. So i tried the
Player - Make Player 1 (red) treat X as an Ally with shared vision and units

but it doesnt seem to affect buildings.

once again, sorry for being such a pain :eek:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you want to be able to upgrade the towers of your allies? or what exactly do you mean?

Mahrloc

Reaction score
how about this:
when you spawn a zombie, place dummy buff 1 on the zombie if he's on lane 1, buff 2 if on lane 2, ...
also place a buff on the towers which marks on which lane they are.
when a tower attacks, check the towers buff and the attacked units buff. if they are not the same(the attacked unit is not on the same lane), check if there are any other units with the buff of the lane. if there are, order the tower to attack one of them, else morph the towers attack to only affect items, trees or other things you don't use in your map. everytime a zombie spawns, you have to morph the towers back to their normal form.

hopy

Reaction score
Eventhough Accname is most likely right about everything again and stuff like that I'm going to give a realy strange idea that will recuire way to many units, trouble and weird stuff to be effective...

Make a Different version of each tower/zombie/wall for each line.
- Set all Zombie classes of line1 to Ancient and targets allowed of the towers to Ancient.
- Set blahblah line 2 Undead blahblah Undead blah.
- Blahblahblah Mechanical blah mechanical blahblah
- Blahblah blah blah Structure blahblahblahblah
- Blahblah blah blah blah blah

Bad idea, don't try it... just for fun.. ? :D

dracolich

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
use regions... (5)

then check the region of attacked unit if is different then attacking unit, order to attack random unit in the current region and stop if has no unit in region

most possible and reasonable fix

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.