Help to make an in-front of AoE spell! :D

aider

Reaction score
Hello!
Im currently adding a rogue hero to my AD: Defense of the World Pillar map. The rogue will only have 100 mana with a vast mana regeneration (like in WoW). So I want to have this simple damage ability the players of this hero can spam to use their mana.

So I want the spell to damage enemies in a small AoE infront of the hero, instantly! (No target location). It will cost 20 mana so it will be spammed quite often. It will be the main damage source of the hero.

I havent found any spell like it that I can modify so I probably have to make something in GUI. I wanted to ask here before I start failing, as I have little experience in GUI-spellmaking. I probably need angles, math, coordinates and that stuff :p

Thanks!

keychup

Reaction score
Set UnitGroup = Units within 100 range of Position of Triggering Unit offset by 100 Matching Condition: matching unit belongs to an enemy of owner of triggering unit.
Actions Actions
call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup)

Happy

Reaction score
keychup : that would be AROUND the caster....

aider : make a point X range away in front of the caster (angle is facing of the caster) and then pick every enemy unit around this point and deal X damage to it.

keychup

Reaction score
Oh no, no, no. it's a polar offset.

Trigger:
  • Set UnitGroup = (Units within 100.00 of ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))

aider

Reaction score
Yeah Keychup's example worked, but thanks to both of you. Its working now, easier than I thought ^^

[hidden="The Spell"][TRIGGER]

Slice and Dice
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Slice and Dice
Actions
Set SADPos = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Set SliceAndDiceGroup = (Units within 125.00 of (SADPos offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in SliceAndDiceGroup and do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (20.00 x (Real((Level of Slice and Dice for (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SADPos)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_SliceAndDiceGroup)

[/TRIGGER][/hidden]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.