[HELP WANTED] - Group Movement

xz-master

Reaction score
So, im a beginner at World Editor, and i was playing around wth the idea of making a TD.

I began making a simple builder with 2 towers: cannon tower and arrow tower, then some gold for Player1 to start off with.
Works like a charm.

The time came to make some mobs to spawn, and run from point 1, to point 2 and finally point 3 (CABOOOM-region).

They run fine and all, but if they are attacked by the towers, they descide to turn around and walk back, or they'll completely stop moving.

The path they are running on, is kinda narrow, but wide enough for them to run side by side, or past eachother. :banghead:

This ain't gonna be my final map, i just wanted to get the basic understanding, so sit down.
Sorry about the massive picture :rolleyes:

2uxu6h3.jpg

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Making a TD is more time consuming than you may think and to get the best system for the spawns you should make use of variables. Read this tutoial for a easy guide (but time consuming) of doing a TD from start to the end.

The tutorial shows you everything to make a basic TD!

Good luck with your mapping:thup:

xz-master

Reaction score
Making a TD is more time consuming than you may think and to get the best system for the spawns you should make use of variables. Read this tutoial for a easy guide (but time consuming) of doing a TD from start to the end.

The tutorial shows you everything to make a basic TD!

Good luck with your mapping:thup:

Thank you.
I'm already reading that tutorial, and i've sorted the problem with the confused mobs.

But i've come across another problem: i'm not being awarded for killing mobs.
I've set the 'Gold Bounty Awarded - Base' to 1, on the mob :confused:

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
For the income use this script:

Trigger:
  • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Neutral Hostile
Under "Player - Turn on/off player flag" for all players who want to give bounty.

About the fleeing, go into the Gameplay Constants and set the Unit - Guard distance to 99999999999.99 or something, or try untick "Can Flee" in the object editor.

xz-master

Reaction score
Bah, what you told me to do, didn't work :(

I tried this, and it worked like a charm:

Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 12 (Brown)
Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 12 (Brown) as an Enemy

Kinda makes sence, because the mobs are Player 12 (Brown)

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
Making a TD is more time consuming than you may think

I disagree.
Making a basic TD isn't time consuming.

Adding the special bits that make your TD unique from others is the part that consumes a hell lot of time xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.