Help with channel, triggers.

limpan

Reaction score
Hi! On my map I've created a hero that have healing skills. I'm using 2 abilities made from rejuvination but when I cast one of them the cooldown goes off for both. So I've tried to use triggers instead but with no results. I've made two channel spells with the names, xxx1 and xxxxx2. Both of them have Text - Order string Use/turn on - Rejuvination and Base Order ID - Rejuvination I guess that they should have different Base Order ID but which abilities? Can I just pick someone or do I have to pick one that have similar effect to rejuvination? Anyway. My dummy unit gets the real spell, rejuvination, I've set up the stats and everything and my Hero gets the Channel spell. My Trigger looks like this...
Trigger:
  • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
    • Ability being cast equal to invigoration (this is the channel spell)
    • Set TempPointPosition = (Position of(casting unit))
    • Set TempPointSpell = (Target Point of ability being cast)
    • Unit - create 1 dummy (unit) at TempPointPosition facing default building degrees
    • Unit - add 1 second expiration timer to last created unit
    • Unit - add Invigoration (dummy) to last created unit (this is the rejuvination spell)
    • Unit - set level of Invigoration (dummy) for last created unit to level of Invigoration for triggering unit
    • Unit - Order last created unit to Night Elf druid of the claw - rejuvination (picked unit)
    • Custom script - call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPointPosition)
    • Custom script - call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPointSpell)

Happy

Reaction score
you have to change the order ID or the base spell because a hero cant have 2 spells based on the same spell....

and a tip....just trigger the healing every second^^ this way round you dont have this problem^^

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot base two abilities off of the same root ability and then give both to a unit because they have the same Order ID. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the Order ID (except for the Channel ability), so you will have to come up with another solution. Possibilities:

- The second ability is based off of something else.
- The second ability is based off of a dummy ability such as Channel that then triggers the effects.

limpan

Reaction score
I've tried, but nothing happens when I use the ability nothing works, dont get it.

I've changed it now to a single (wc3) anyway. My trigger dosen't work att all. nothing happens when I use the spell with my hero.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Unit - Order last created unit to Night Elf druid of the claw - rejuvination (picked unit)

There is no Picked Unit there....

limpan

Reaction score
I've tried out every possible Unit - Issue order targeting a unit, but nothing seems to work :S

I've changed it to
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order last created unit to Night Elf druid of the claw - rejuvination (target unit of ability being cast)

and now it works, finally. Hope it works if i change the base order ID on the second channel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.