Help with different attack animations

Nathan0093

Reaction score
I found a useful spearman model from hiveworkshop.com, and Im using him in my map. He has a stabbing animation and swinging animation for attacks. I want him to only stab for regular attacks and use the swinging animation only for an ability he has. How do I do this? He uses both animations for attacks and the ability, and I cant seem to specify them.

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Maybe make regular attack an ability they has by default with 0sec cooldown and set it to that animation.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
You can force the unit to play the animation when it casts an ability:

Trigger:
  • Unit starts the effects of an ability
    • Ability being cast equal to your ability
    • Animation play units attack 2 animation

x)

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm, the easiest way would be to rename the Swing animation to "Spell Slam", for example. Then you can always access the animation by that name and it is not played regulary.
You can do this with the Wc3 ModelEditor.

PS: Shadow's approach will not work. The attack animation always chooses randomly between attack 1 and 2 - there is no way to prevent that EXCEPT you trigger ALL of your heroes attacks and fire the animation manually.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Renaming animation is indeed the way to go.

You can either rename that not needed animation to spell instead of attack, if you plan to use it only for spells for example.

Also you could name it to attack alternate, so you can use alternate animation tag to change units attack animation whenever you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.