Help With Tileset Preference

JeveKnight

Reaction score
I am trying to make a map similar to Castle Builder, and am redoing the terrain completely.
It will be kind of like Age of Empires II, the medieval theme.
I DLed a program that'll allow me to add more tiles to my map, so can someone help me one or two things:
-Tileset (Base tileset, and 3-4 added tiles)
-Terrain Placement (Where builders start, build areas, additional features etc)

Thanks for anyones time for helping me out, I will +rep anyone who can help me out a bit. :)

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your request for help.

However, I wouldnt bother about Tile restrictions. Just make them from inside your map.

JeveKnight

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your request for help.

However, I wouldnt bother about Tile restrictions. Just make them from inside your map.

I'm not the best terrainer, so I need help choosing a tileset for my map.
I'm not really good at balancing terrain either, I would just like some advice.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
What do you think looks good for a medieval times terrain? Have a look at some history books or websites. See if you can find stuff that inspires you.

Or have a look at some of the games that have researched and use their stylized looks. Other than that, dirt, rock, grass and other stuff.

As for balancing terrain, I usually use some scales/measures.

Edit #whatever:
In case you hadnt noticed your question is too general. Too broad a subject. Medieval? Medieval what? England? NZ, USA, Canada, Iraq, ... what is the context of your medieval terrain?

JeveKnight

Reaction score
Yeah I guess my question is a little too general.
My map is a game that requires some balancing in terrain, like even and balanced. Like how Genesis of Empires is even and balanced, War of the Lost Kingdoms, Castle Builder, stuff like that.
I want to even and balance it; problem is I don't know how to.
My map is similar to a builder also, so it MUST have balanced terrain.
I don't want it to be boring and scattered with a lake here out of place and stuff that doesnt belong etc, I want it to be balanced terrain to ahve good build spots for every builder.
BTW I don't wanna use city scape or any cityscape tilesets because I will not need any in-game terrains with bricks, or anything because you build your own base.
Any ideas for a new fresh builder map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.