HELP with Trigger

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Ok im making a map where players have to have a certain amount of lumber to evolve. They kill units that give them 1 lumber when they die. So i made a trigger to do that.
D 1st Evolution
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 5.00
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Replace Draenei Youth 0024 <gen> with a Draenei Initiate using The new unit's default life and mana
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Trigger - Turn on D 2nd Evolution <gen>

D 2nd Evolution
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 20.00
Conditions
Actions
Set DraeniInt = (Unit-type of (Last replaced unit))
Unit - Replace (Last replaced unit) with a Draenei Tribesmen using The new unit's default life and mana
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Trigger - Turn on D 3rd Evolution <gen>

Variables
DraeniInt is a unit-type variable that is set to Draeni Initiate.

But whenever Player red's unit evolves so do all the other players. Any ideas on how to fix it, make another trigger that does what i want, or suggestions are welcomed:thup:

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
It's the event. If Player 1 (Red) gets the lumber quota everything else will evolve. You gotta change that. I don't have WE here, so, uhm, can't provide a decent answer.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, change DraeniInt to an array of 12, and use player number of (Triggering Player) as the array, and move the

Trigger:
  • Set DraeniInt = (Unit-type of (Last replaced unit))

action to the other trigger, and change the variable data from Unit_Type to Unit, so you can use (Last replaced unit) instead of (Unit-type of (Last replaced unit)) ;)
Then change this:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Replace (Last replaced unit) with a Draenei Tribesmen using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana

to:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Replace (DraeniInt[Player number of (Triggering player)]) with a Draenei Tribesmen using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana

and try it out then :D:D

EDIT:
It's the event. If Player 1 (Red) gets the lumber quota everything else will evolve. You gotta change that. I don't have WE here, so, uhm, can't provide a decent answer.

Why wouldn't the event work ???

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Well, change DraeniInt to an array of 12, and use player number of (Triggering Player) as the array, and move the

Trigger:

action to the other trigger, and change the variable data from Unit_Type to Unit, so you can use (Last replaced unit) instead of (Unit-type of (Last replaced unit)) ;)
Then change this:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Replace (Last replaced unit) with a Draenei Tribesmen using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana

to:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Replace (DraeniInt[Player number of (Triggering player)]) with a Draenei Tribesmen using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana

and try it out then :D:D

EDIT:

Why wouldn't the event work ???

Im sorry im a little confused. If its not to much trouble could you make the trigger and paste it up here so I can actually see it. And if not could you try to put what im supposed to do in steps for me:D Thank you

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok :D Sorry for not explaining :(

Here are the triggers:

Trigger:
  • D 1st Evolution
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)&#039;s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 5.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Your Unit) &lt;gen&gt; with a (Your Other Unit) using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana
      • Set DreaniInt[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last replaced unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on D 2nd Evolution &lt;gen&gt;
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Trigger:
  • D 2nd Evolution
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)&#039;s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 20.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace DreaniInt[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with a (Your Third Unit) using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana
      • Set DreaniInt[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last replaced unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on D 3rd Evolution &lt;gen&gt;
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

So, let me explain some stuff then ;)

The variable is DreaniInt, which is a "Unit" variable with an array of size 12 (Just ask if you don't know what this is :D)
This variable does not need to be set to Dreanei Initiate, since you're not using it (Here at least):
Trigger:
  • Unit - Replace Draenei Youth 0024 &lt;gen&gt; with a Draenei Initiate using The new unit&#039;s default life and mana

So to start with, we used the:
Trigger:

action in the first trigger too, since we replaced the unit there, and not in the second trigger:D
And here the array comes in... We use it to set the replaced unit to be specified to the right player, thus making the trigger MPI (Search for it here on thehelper if you don't know what it means :D) I just assume that the players can only use these triggers once :eek:

And in the second trigger, you need to set the variable after you've replaced the unit, not before ... move that Set "Variable" action below the replace action ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.