[Hero Contest] Submissions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Forum for the submissions to the hero contest.

Please, no conversing, spells may be updated until the contest end date.

Good Luck!

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Necromancer: Int Melee

Dps / Carry

Theme: Dark powers

v/Jass: MUI

First Skill: Empower (Semi-active)
Every kill increases the soulcount to enable its active effect. As the passive part of spell deals some magic damage by chances. While casting this spell. Increases the chance to 100% to deal magic damage and increases speed by a fixed amount.When he dies his soulcount drops to half.

I think I made him instantly revive every time his soulcount drops to half (dies), don't consider it as part of spell.
Oh and don't consider 1-2 sec Cd for all skills, I made it to not to be boring.

Second Skill: Teleport (Active-Point)
Necromancer is allowed now to teleport to hunt his enemies faster or leave the battlefield. Manacost and Cooldown is reduced at every level.

Third Skill: Recover (Passive)
Gives the ability to regain hp when dealing magic damage with his own skills.

Ultimate: Darkness Overcharge (Active-target)
This is the ultimate ability of this unit. Focuses the spell on the target and unleashes a massive amount of damage on him in a small period of time.

Attachments

• Necromancer(Contest Heroes).w3x
    98.2 KB · Views: 145

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, here is the
Arbitor!

A quite standard caster, you know one of these that requires some micro to use. I like those. For example, it might seem worthless to level up the Ectomana skill for just the cooldown, but think about it; together with Sanctuary and level 2 or 3 in Ectomana you will NEVER EVER run out of mana! I guess the abilities could be extremly good support spells, but not everyone would pick a 2nd/3rd hero with 14 starting StrView attachment Arbitor(herocontest_Necrach).w3xength, so I think it is a very balanced hero.

Sanctuary - Active, target. Use it on ally or enemy, devours the target inside an invurnable spirit. Will heal allies/deal dps to enemies. If you level it up the spirit can be moved around.
Judgement Ray - Arrow. Freezes target (slows movement). When effect wears out, nearby enemies lose mana (not the target, though). With proper micro and bad opponent, you could disable basically all enemy spellcasters with this ability.
Ectomana - Active, self. Arbitor becomes ethereal for a short time, regains some hp and can see invisible units. When cast, this ability will absorb any spirit summoned from the Sanctuary spell for an amount of mana. If you have double heroes or cooldown resets in the map, you could even absorb several spirits and regain huge amounts of mana.
Verdict of Conjuration - AoE (ward summoning). The ward deals damage to spellcasters which lacks mana, first on appearence and then when nearby enemies cast spells or dare to kill your units. Also summons extreme amounts of illusions from nearby allies. If any unit dares to kill the ward, it dies immediately (unless magic immune, and heroes will just take 300 damage).

I won't have any time in the remaining days, so unless there is an extension to the deadline here's my submission! :D
Things I might want to edit is the test map (which is horrible), maybe change the ultimate a little and remake the Devour skill to work on Ethereal units and units with devour themselves! Also, there might be bugs I am not aware of, but I hope not :eek:

View attachment Arbitor(herocontest_Necrach).w3x

EDIT: Already realised an important bug and removed it.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Zenedar, the Soul Keeper

I know this type of hero has been done countless times before, an example of which would be DotA's Shadow Fiend, Nevermore. Even NoobImbaPro's current submission is partially dependent on souls, and so is NeuroToxin's Witch Doctor in his project, The Witch Doctor's Revenge. Nonetheless, it was the only idea in my head at the time, as well as the one that kept popping up whenever it liked, so I was compelled to try it out myself. Here's the result: a useful Strength caster, effective on large groups of enemies so long as he isn't being targeted.

Soul Rip
Drains 75/150/225/300 health from 1 target. If it dies, all enemies around the target take the same amount of damage (not drained).

Shadow Strike
Stuns 1 target for 1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds. Deals 15 damage for every Soul captured; Soul amount decreases by half upon casting.

Soul Catcher
Main body of the Soul Keeper, but has little effect early on. Turns nearby corpses/dead units into souls that increase your Soul Count once they reach you. Grants 2 subskills: Consume Souls and Release Souls. Cooldown and manacost decrease per level.

Consume Souls
Restores (Soul Count)% of max HP. Soul Count is set to 0 upon casting.

Release Souls
Damages nearby units for (Soul Count)% of their max HP. Soul Count is set to 0 upon casting.

Ultimate: Dark Resurrection
Channeling. Deals (Soul Count)*(Skill Level) damage in an AoE every second, and Curses 1 random target (silenced, 30/60/90% slow and miss chance). Caster loses 5/4/3% of max HP and Soul Count decreases by 1 per second, until channeling stops.

I'm not efficient in non-converted JASS, so this hero is fully GUI, inclusive of Custom Scripts. Hopefully there aren't any bugs in it, though I suspect I may have overlooked some things.

Attachments

• Soul Keeper.w3x
    70.8 KB · Views: 141

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
spellbreaker.gif

Scissor the Razorblade

Clockwerk Bomb
Summons a self-destructing mechanical goblin. After 3 seconds the goblin will travel in front of him at a fast rate and when it reaches its destination, it will detonate dealing high damage and knocking nearby enemy units back. It has no effect if the goblin is killed.

Level 1 - Travels up to 1500 units. Deals 200 damage.
Has 100 HP.
Level 2 - Travels up to 1750 units. Deals 300 damage.
Has 150 HP.
Level 3 - Travels up to 2000 units. Deals 400 damage.
Has 200 HP.
Level 4 - Travels up to 2250 units. Deals 500 damage.
Has 250 HP.
Fire Bond
Magically attaches the caster to a target unit, making the target drag him while moving. As long as the link is maintained, any enemy unit that passes trough the link is damaged and slowed. Caster can cancel the bond at any time by issuing order to move. If the target comes too close, the link will break.

Level 1 - Lasts 6 seconds, deals 40 damage and slows by 40% for 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Lasts 8 seconds, deals 60 damage and slows by 40% for 3 seconds.
Level 3 - Lasts 10 seconds, deals 80 damage and slows by 40% for 3 seconds.
Level 4 - Lasts 12 seconds, deals 100 damage and slows by 40% for 3 seconds.
Blade Shield
Summons 4 spinning blades around the target, that deal damage to nearby enemy units. If casted on an ally, the blades will also absorb 60% damage dealt to the target. If the shield expires or the max amount of damage is taken, all blades are released around the target dealing damage to enemies they pass through. The blades destroy trees.

Lasts 10 seconds.

Level 1 - Each blade deals 50 dps, 100 release damage, breaks on 150 damage taken.
Level 2 - Each blade deals 75 dps, 150 release damage, breaks on 200 damage taken.
Level 3 - Each blade deals 100 dps, 200 release damage, breaks on 250 damage taken.
Level 4 - Each blade deals 125 dps, 250 release damage, breaks on 300 damage taken.
Chain Shackles
Grabs a targeted non-mechanical unit with chains and starts spinning it around the caster. Each second the caster gains more momentum and can throw the target far away. Damage and distance depend on spinning duration. Can spin the target for up to 10 seconds. Must be spinning at least 3 seconds in order to throw the target.

Channeling

Level 1 - For each second spinned, gains 100 throw range and 20 damage.
Level 2 - For each second spinned, gains 125 throw range and 30 damage.
Level 3 - For each second spinned, gains 150 throw range and 40 damage.

Attachments

• Hero Contest v1.3.w3x
    118.9 KB · Views: 146

keychup

Reaction score

Willow the Wisp
I can't stress enough on how much i love pokemon! This idea is based off a combination of pokemon moves with an old Wisp hero I had. Willow's focus is based on a Blissey (with a twist). Like Blissey you have great HP and support abilities that are to die for! Though on the minus side, your physical attack and defenses are revolting. However, you make up for your softness with heals, slows and persistence. I combined Blissey's properties with a Ninjask's mind-baffling speed. Ninjask is an extremely sensitive, yet an extremely fast pokemon with moves that boost your stats by a percentage. That said, it is also extremely effective in using Baton Pass, a move which transfers all stat modifiers from the user to another pokemon (Being percentage-based, imagine the monster a recipient with naturally high stats would become). These pokemon are only 2 of the most hard-working teammates you can have. They are also a couple of the best synergists. Despite their immense deficiencies they manage to find a spot on my team. Hopefully this hero will show you how it's like to be as hard-working as a Ninjask or as selfless as a Blissey.

Notes: May require re-balancing.

Moves

Union (Based on Agility, Swords Dance and Baton Pass)
Unite yourself to an allied unit. You cannot separate from your target while united. Increases both units' ATK, DEX and SPD. If you are under the effect of Link, which divides the amount of damage received among other linked units, it also puts the target under the effect of Link.This effect can be cancelled. Lasts for up to 15 seconds or until cancelled.
Level 1 - +10% ATK, +20% DEX, +5% SPD.
Level 2 - +20% ATK, +40% DEX, +10% SPD.
Level 3 - +30% ATK, +60% DEX, +15% SPD.
Level 4 - +40% ATK, +80% DEX, +20% SPD.
Level 5 - +50% ATK, +100% DEX, +25% SPD.
Cooldown: 15.0 seconds

Notes: I know it looks like tether from DotA but it can't be helped. Joining up with another unit is somewhat a novelty theme on the wisp, the same way holy themes are a novelty on a Paladin. Before Io was even introduced on DotA I already had an idea of a Wisp merging himself with an ally. If you accuse me of copying the lightning effect, I can accuse DotA for copying plenty of other abilities. Excuse me for trying to defend myself.

Detonate (Based on Softboiled and Double-Edge)
While active it drains your HP and generates a series of explosions damaging enemies and healing allies around you except yourself equal of the amount of HP drained. Reduces enemy DEX by 25% and SPD by 50%. Can be cancelled at any time.
Level 1 - 10 HP per second.
Level 2 - 20 HP per second.
Level 3 - 30 HP per second.
Level 4 - 40 HP per second.
Level 5 - 50 HP per second.
Cooldown: 5.0 seconds

Notes: Heal and damage occurs every 0.02 seconds, while HP drain occurs every 0.20 seconds.

Ether Shield (Based on Substitute and Protect)
Blocks damage but drains MP based on the amount of damage you blocked. Also puts you under the effect of Link which divides the amount of damage received among other linked units.
Level 1 - Costs 100% of damage.
Level 2 - Costs 80% of damage.
Level 3 - Costs 66% of damage.
Level 4 - Costs 57% of damage.
Level 5 - Costs 50% of damage.
Cooldown: 5.0 seconds

Notes: Link is a buff from Spirit Link . Union will also Link the ally (if Ether Shield is active). Allies with Ether Shield receive their own Link and can still share damage with other units (who are using Ether Shield) without needing to cast Union. The effect of combining Spirit Link with Mana Shield is that it reduces incoming damage to the caster and causes other Linked allies to take part of the damage (Then Mana Shield only has to block the other part of the damage). It also reduces part of the incoming damage to the target so that the caster can block it.

Energy Ball (Based on Aerial Ace)
Can be cast from across the field. Pursues an enemy unit, dealing damage and stunning all enemies in your path. The damage is based on your current HP. You can cancel this ability at anytime. This ability is negated by stuns. If Union is active the united unit is taken with you.
Level 1 - 10% HP, 1.00 second stun.
Level 2 - 15% HP, 1.25 second stun.
Level 3 - 20% HP, 1.50 second stun.
Level 4 - 25% HP, 1.75 second stun.
Level 5 - 30% HP, 2.00 second stun.
Cooldown: 45.0 seconds

Notes: The effect "This ability is negated by stuns" isn't used in the map. Normally the caster of Union is dragged to the target but when you cast Energy Ball the target is dragged to you instead. It's sort of like a semi-shockwave, semi-transport spell.

Attachments

• Willow the Wisp.w3x
    65 KB · Views: 168

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
My submission, Dragon Rider.
***Requires a ridiculous amount of libraries. :D

Attachments

• Hero Contest 1_kingkingyyk3.w3x
    271.5 KB · Views: 203

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
The Blademaster

The Blademaster, a spin on the WC3 melee hero.

Cunning Hero, adept at quickly killing hordes of enemies using his battle tested steel. Can learn Leap Strike, Sword Dance, Critical Strike and Bladestorm.

Attacks land units.

Leap Strike
A quick hop, step and a jump, and suddenly all enemies in range are injured and falling back. Deals minor damage.

Cooldown: 6
Cast Range: 400​

Sword Dance
Perform a dance of the sword, dealing slicing damage to all enemies within a medium range.

Cooldown: 15s
Icon by Juice_F

Critical Strike
A simple twich of his wrist, and suddenly the Blademaster's enemies have all felt the tip of his sword, and a brief knockback.

Passively deals a critical strike to all nearby enemy units on 20% of attacks.

Bladestorm
Huff and puff and blow a massive storm of blades, catching nearby enemies in it's fury. Renders the Blademaster magic immune and deals damage per second to enemy land units.
Lasts 5 seconds and throws enemies from it's midsts.
Will trigger critical strike.

Cooldown: 120s​

Attachments

• emjlr3 - Blademaster 1.01.w3x
    115.4 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.