Hero Ideas [Greek Mythology]

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Here comes a new hero idea....fasten your seatbelts....
Phobos, the incarnation of fear

War Deity (passive)
Being a son of the war god Ares, Phobos is very skilled on the battlefield.
He has a 10/18/25% chance to deal double damage and has a 20/30/40% chance to block 30/45/60 damage.

Fear
Casts terrible fear upon every enemy in the target area, causing every normal unit to run away in fear for 4/6/8 seconds and every hero to take 10/20/30% extra damage and a 20/30/40% chance to miss for 6/10/14 seconds. Affects a small/medium/large area.

Night Spear
Phobos and his twin brother Deimos received the nickname "Sons of the Night". Phobos will throw a with dark magic enchanted spear at the target enemy, dealing 100/200/300 damage. If the target enemy is feared, it will take 25/40/55 damage every second fear lasts. (This skill has a quite short range)

Terror Pulse (ultimate)
Unleashed a pulse of true terror itself, covering the battlefield with fear, terror, and panic. This slows all units (including allies, not including Phobos) within 400 range of Phobos their movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 40%. Lasts 6 seconds

Hope u like it.

chanta45

Reaction score
Don't forget about the Titans D=
Prometheus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus

Clay Warriors: Molds a group of warriors from clay. (Water elemental)
Stone Body: Active to give Prometheus extra hitpoints,armor, and damage. (Avatar)
Cleaving: Same as pitlords
Gods Fire: Prometheus brings down the fire from the heavens, dealing heavy damage to units in a large area (channeling)

His final fits in with the lore

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Wonderful, I love both the skills! Give me more, +Rep!

Btw, prometheus is easily coded, actually no triggers needed xD

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Sure we want to give you ideas, but you'll have to give us comment of our previous ideas, so we can try to suggest improvements for them. Theres no way an idea can be perfect.
Anyway, heres a new random thingy:

Charon, Styx Ferryman

Obolus (passive)
The price to cross the Styx is 1 obolus, though on the battlefield, Charon demands 1 obolus from every enemy he encounters. Gives a 10/12/15% chance to steal 20/35/50 gold from any enemy he attacks. If the enemy has below 400 gold, he does not lose gold but takes 100/125/150 damage.

Tide of the Styx
Charon uses his powers to order the water of the Styx to flow over the earth.
This soakes the ground within 400 range of Charon with magical waters that causes enemies to have their movement speed slowed by 15/25/35% and lose 20/30/40 hp and mana per second. Lasts 4/6/8 seconds.

Slam
Charon always carries a hammer or an oar to keep the moneyless souls who want to cross the Styx on a distance. He swings his weapon around, dealing 150/185/225 damage to nearby units and stunning them for 2 seconds.

Last Ferry
Passively increases Tide of the Styx' range by 100.
When Charon activates this skill, he ferries all nearby units who are under the effect of Tide of the Styx to the land of the dead. This makes them totaly dissapear for 6 seconds. While they are dissapeared, the effect of Tide of the Styx keeps harming them. When they reach the land of the living again, they have their armor reduced by 6 for 10 seconds.

Less good than my previous ideas IMO, but I hope u like it.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
yeah your ideas were great, I just need one question... how do I detect if the opponent has 400 gold or less?

btw... I remember this guy who got punished for letting the gods eat his children... who was he? I think Tantalus? not really sure...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Yeah, tantalus feeded the gods his child, but they noticed it before they took a bite, exept for Afrodite (or Aphrodite, as some of you want to call her).

Zeus fixed this by giving the kid a ivory shoulder (Afrodite took a bite of his shoulder)

And about the gold, cant you do something with properties?
Like (player owning (target unit of ability))'s gold equal or greater than 400?
I dont feel like opening the trigger editor and looking it up, but I'm sure its possible.

Rhadamant

Reaction score
I've ready the Iliad twice and the Odyssey once, if you want to be true to your characters you really need to give them a read. Movies like Troy and Helen of Troy pale in comparison to the original Iliad.

Also I would stray from mixing up Norse Mythology, Greek Mythology and the old Roman State Religion.

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
Theres an event that checks gold on its own, so you can have it check when gold gets less than 400.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I've ready the Iliad twice and the Odyssey once, if you want to be true to your characters you really need to give them a read. Movies like Troy and Helen of Troy pale in comparison to the original Iliad.

Also I would stray from mixing up Norse Mythology, Greek Mythology and the old Roman State Religion.

You go girl! (or boy)
Movies like gladiator, troy, and 300 are historical so incorrect as hell. Nothing beats the true stories. But I'm sure that with the keen eye of so many greek-loving Thehelper.net members watching him Frozenshadow wont have the chance to screw anything up in that area.

As for the mixing...I dont think any of us was planning to suggest anything not greek/roman.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Lolz, I have read The Illiad and The Odyssey, good books, and it makes you read more, because of the poems and all. I basically read everything Greek lolz... and It all started with a book called: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and now I read the Odyssey and Illiad

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
This was too old, since, I am in need of it now, please post hero ideas!

This Format:

Code:
[b](Name) - (Title)[/b]
[b]Model:[/b][U][/U]

[b]Primary Attribute:[/b][COLOR="Red"][Attribute][/COLOR]

<Abilities>

[b][Ability 1 Name][/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[i](If Not Triggered)[i] [b]Based On:[/b]

[b][Ability 2 Name][/b]

[b][Ability 3 Name][/b]

[b][Ultimate Name][/b]

hasslarn

Reaction score
Code:
(Rhea) - (Titan)
Model:Jaina

Primary Attribute:[Agillity]

<Abilities>

[Protection(Passive)]
Description:Rhea uses her powers to protect you and giving you armor and life stealing bonus
(Might Need Trigger) Based On:Vampire aura & Devulotion Aura

[Trick]
Description:Rhea Tricks and enemy unit to a random place in the map just like she tricket Cronus
(Trigger) Based On:Any Single Target

[Titan Power(Passive)]
Description:Rhea uses her titan power to give her friendly units more damage
(If Not Triggered) Based On:Endurance Aura or something

[Zeus]
Description:Rhea uses her powers to summon her child Zeus will stand and fight for you 150 sec
(If Not Triggered) Based On:Any summon spell

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Hasslarn, the ultimate for Rhea might need changing, due to the fact that Zeus is a hero.

But Great Overall!

I'll give you +Rep when I get back from the Movies, watching Indiana Jones lol

hasslarn

Reaction score
Hasslarn, the ultimate for Rhea might need changing, due to the fact that Zeus is a hero.

But Great Overall!

I'll give you +Rep when I get back from the Movies, watching Indiana Jones lol

ok just didnt know any good spells on her :p thanks to +rep gl with ur map!

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Code:
Vulcan(Hephaestus)
Model: Firelord

Construct Weapon: Constructs a random weapon to be used. The weapon cannot be sold, but can be given to allies.

Fire and Brimstone: Calls down a rain of fire. Based on: Rain of Fire (crazy rite?)

Heart of Fire: Periodically releases blastwaves, dealing damage to nearby enemies.

ULT: Master Armorer: When activated, grants Vulcan 100 (or something really big) bonus armor. In addition, the (unit) ability Craft Armor will be added during the duration.

(Unit abil) Craft Armor: Crafts a powerful piece of armor. The armor cannot be sold but can be given to allies.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Medusa
Model: That naga female spellcaster

Primary Attribute:Intelligence

Snake Bite
Description: Each attack has X % to deal poisonous damage, dealing Y damage over X time.

Seduce
Description: Seduces the target, making it X % slowed and dealing Y % less damage versus the medusa.

Arrow of Pain
Description: Launches an arrow upon the target, dealing X damage.

Petrify
Description: Turns the target into stone, making it unable to attack and move, and takes X % more damage.
You could just make a lovely trigger, stunning the unit, give it reduced armor and give it some more grayish color, and stopping it's movement.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I see you just revived you reaaaaaly old thread. Let me think of an idea, and the old idea veteran Sjakie wil once more ride into battle with his sword of creativity and his shield of greek mythology!

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I see you just revived you reaaaaaly old thread. Let me think of an idea, and the old idea veteran Sjakie wil once more ride into battle with his sword of creativity and his shield of greek mythology!

FrozenShadow Threadomanced a 10 days old thread, I wouldnt call that "reaaaaaly old thread"

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.