Hero Ideas [Greek Mythology]

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
About Seduce, how do I only make it deal lesser damage to medusa?

Ah Dakho, thanks for the try, +Rep to you both, sjakie and dahko, but I have Hephaestus already, sorry.

He's kind of a tanker + supporter, he has:

Hammer Fall
Hephaestus slams his hammer onto the ground, dealing damage and slowing nearby opponents. [Thunder Clap, Idea taken from Ragnarok Online.

Refined Weapons
The mere presence of Hephaestus refines all of his nearby allies' weapons, increasing their offensive capability. [Roar]

Refined Armor
The mere presence of Hephaestus refines all of his nearby allies' armor, increasing their defensive capability. [Devotion Aura]

Master Smith
Hephaestus, the Master Smith, also increases the ability of his weapons, giving him a 10/20/30% chance to deal massive damage to his opponent, and pillage 10/15/20 gold, for creeps, and 40/50/60 gold from heroes. [Triggered, Based on Bash]

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
You know, Hephaestus made thunderbolts for Zeus. He also worked in volcanoes, so he caused some eruptions. He also made robots, and had cyclopes working for him.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
You know, Hephaestus made thunderbolts for Zeus. He also worked in volcanoes, so he caused some eruptions. He also made robots, and had cyclopes working for him.

No, Zeus got thunder and lightning from giants/titans in Tartaros I believe.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
Haira zeis and hades are older then the other other gods, you might want to reflect that in your hero's, they are also siblings. Hades and zeus were roughly equal in power, zeus was a little stronger.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
No, Zeus got thunder and lightning from giants/titans in Tartaros I believe.

Actually he's right. Zeus was given the actual thunder bolt (it's like a staff) by Hephaestus. Hephaestus also had created 'robots' (more like golems) to help him in his forge down in the volcano. Tartarus is kind of like Hell for mythology, that's where Zeus put the sons of Gaia.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
-Mercurius/hermes (travel,messager, teleport/speed skills)
-Neptunus/Poseidon (sea, earthquakes, horses, needs

Mercurius and Neptunus are roman gods no?
seems like youv'e had quite an argue over this, just thought i should point it out <3

FrozenShadow, feel free to post the submited hero ideas in the first post so that
you don't submit an already submitted hero :>

Otherwise... here's a hero!
Code:
(Rhamnousia) - (Nemesis)
Model: Warden

Primary Attribute: [Agility]

<Abilities>

[Vengefull Strike]
Description:
Teleports behind a target and lands a blow that deals damage based on the damage the target has dealt the last X seconds.
Lvl 1 - 50 + 1.0 x damage dealt last 5 sec
Lvl 2 - 75 + 1.2 x damage dealt last 6 sec
Lvl 3 - 110 + 1.4 x damage dealt last 7 sec

[Avenger] (Passive)
Description:
When an ally hero dies near her, she will gain + attack and movement speed for a few seconds. In addition, she also gains +X% damage against a hero that has killed her, stacks up for each kill.
Level 1 - + 20% as & ms. + 25% dmg per kill
Level 2 - + 35% as & ms. + 40% dmg per kill
Level 3 - + 50% as & ms. + 45% dmg per kill

[Pursuit of Vendetta]
Description:
Spreads her wings (might wanna download a [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=s6csvk&prev=status%3Dg%26t%3D7%26s%3Dwings%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20"]wing attachment[/URL] :>) and dashes forward, determined to pursue her enemies.
Can target point or unit, if a unit is targeted, the flight will be as much longer as the unit has moved from it's original point.
[I]Ex. 1 - Target stands still, flight distance = 800
Ex. 2 - Target moves 200 yards, flight distance = 1000[/I]
Slows units by 20% in her wake.
Level 1 - 500 yards
Level 2 - 650 yards
Level 3 - 800 yards

[Arch Nemesis] (Passive)
Description: 
Rhamnousia is indeed, everyones' worst enemy. She gains different benefits when fighting  different enemies. 
Gains mana burn when attacking an intellegence hero, slowing attack against agility heroes, and damage based on max hp against strength heroes. Also gains splash attack against non-heroes (creeps).
Level 1 - 45 mana burn, 35% slow, 2% of max hp on hit, 40% splash.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
About Seduce, how do I only make it deal lesser damage to medusa?

Hmm, that I didn't think off. But it is one very simple solution. Make it deal lesser damage to all targets.

And sjakie, yes I misread the dates :rolleyes:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Maybe you should have Ouranyos who can transform into the Erinyes.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Looks like I came to this party late...

Varine, do you have a source for Uranos/Ouranyos transforming into the Furies/Erinyes? I remember Aphrodite being born from his genitals when Zeus went all Lorena Bobbit, but as far as I recall, the Furies were just his children, along with the Titans, Cyclops, etc.

Both Knight and Daemon are correct as far as the "who makes thunderbolts" question. The three original Cyclops brothers made the prototype thunderbolts -- which were really thought of more as javelins than as a staff -- along with Poseidon's trident and Hades' helmet of invisibility. Later, Hephaestus took over their operation, and presumably learned how to forge thunderbolts from them.

As far as including Charon goes, I think he could work as a summoned unit for Hades. (Or even an instant-kill spell: cast it on some poor shmuck, they get whisked away to the underworld...)

General question: It looks like we're focusing on Greek mythology, and not on the Roman variants or the Norse, Egyptian etc. systems. I approve. But...which parts of Greek mythology are we focusing on? It's huge and complicated. There are literally hundreds of gods, Titans and other divine entities, hundreds more human heroes and demigods, and (if you're looking to include ordinary units) dozens of possible ranged, magic and melee units. Any decent book on Greek mythology has to include three or four family trees just to keep track of what's going on.

So. What's the focus of this game? Is it the Pantheon of Olympus: Zeus, Hera, and the other biggies? Is it everything the Greeks considered divine or semi-divine: all those minor gods, cthonic gods, demigods, nymphs and satyrs, etc.? Do the heroic mortals get a role in this: Menelaus, Achilles, Odysseus, Hercules (arguably), Jason? Do the non-heroic mortals get a role: your common hoplites, peltasts, oracles, serfs, etc.?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I remember Aphrodite being born from his genitals when Zeus went all Lorena Bobbit
No, Aphrodite came from the sea-foam. It's in the authoritative book of mythology :thup:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
There are multiple stories of Aphrodite's origin, none are the completely correct, it's just your preference. I believe the one most popular is when the genitals were placed in the sea foam and it created Aphrodite. So you're both right :D

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Varine, do you have a source for Uranos/Ouranyos transforming into the Furies/Erinyes? I remember Aphrodite being born from his genitals when Zeus went all Lorena Bobbit, but as far as I recall, the Furies were just his children, along with the Titans, Cyclops, etc.

I took a Greek and Roman mythology class last semester.

When Cronos castrated his father, the three Erinyes were born from Ouranyos' blood and, as Knight said, Aphrodite came from the sea foam.
The Erinyes/Furies names are Alecto, Megaera, and Tisiphone.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Looks like I came to this party late...

Both Knight and Daemon are correct as far as the "who makes thunderbolts" question. The three original Cyclops brothers made the prototype thunderbolts -- which were really thought of more as javelins than as a staff -- along with Poseidon's trident and Hades' helmet of invisibility. Later, Hephaestus took over their operation, and presumably learned how to forge thunderbolts from them.

As far as including Charon goes, I think he could work as a summoned unit for Hades. (Or even an instant-kill spell: cast it on some poor shmuck, they get whisked away to the underworld...)

General question: It looks like we're focusing on Greek mythology, and not on the Roman variants or the Norse, Egyptian etc. systems. I approve. But...which parts of Greek mythology are we focusing on? It's huge and complicated. There are literally hundreds of gods, Titans and other divine entities, hundreds more human heroes and demigods, and (if you're looking to include ordinary units) dozens of possible ranged, magic and melee units. Any decent book on Greek mythology has to include three or four family trees just to keep track of what's going on.

So. What's the focus of this game? Is it the Pantheon of Olympus: Zeus, Hera, and the other biggies? Is it everything the Greeks considered divine or semi-divine: all those minor gods, cthonic gods, demigods, nymphs and satyrs, etc.? Do the heroic mortals get a role in this: Menelaus, Achilles, Odysseus, Hercules (arguably), Jason? Do the non-heroic mortals get a role: your common hoplites, peltasts, oracles, serfs, etc.?

We are focusing on weakened gods, in mortal state.

Heroes get in.

[Arch Nemesis] (Passive) <--- How the hell do I code this?
Description:
Rhamnousia is indeed, everyones' worst enemy. She gains different benefits when fighting different enemies.
Gains mana burn when attacking an intellegence hero, slowing attack against agility heroes, and damage based on max hp against strength heroes. Also gains splash attack against non-heroes (creeps).
Level 1 - 45 mana burn, 35% slow, 2% of max hp on hit, 40% splash.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
<- How the hell do i code this

Well... I think you can base it of orb of slow. Create an orb of slow ability, make a custom buff called "unit hit by nemesis" or w/e. Then create a loop

Code:
e -every 0.01 sec
c -
a -
set group = unit in map matching has specific buff [unit hit by nemesis]
pick all in group and
remove buff [unit hit by nemesis] from picked
iftheneslse
if hero
then
if int
then
set mana of picked to mana of picked - 45
else
if str 
then
set hp of picked to hp of picked - hp of picked x 0.03
else 
if agi
then
else
else
etc.
call DestroyGroup(udg_group)

That is very non MUI, but it's the only way around without using Emjlr3's attack detect system. (thought this up myself \o>)

You may wanna change the percentage splash damage to static :p
Maybe you cannot detect main attribute.. what is possible is to check what attribute has most points in it, wich is almost the same thing.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Leonidas:

Phalanx - Like defend, but from melee AND ranged attacks.

Spear Throw - Simple nuke that has a chance to critical.

Shield Slam - Does damage and stuns at melee range.

Ult: This is Sparta! - Kicks the target really hard, so it falls backward and is stunned and takes damage. 25% chance for a pit of death to open up and the target to fall into it, instantly killing it =3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.