Heroes, Terrain, Abilities (was: Please Help?)

Kazenoyoukai

Reaction score
Something else I just realized I want to do. I know how to change the level skip thing so that if Entangling Roots Level 1 requires hero level 1 than 2 will require 3, 3 will require 5 etc. How do I change that for a single spell?

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Theres a field in the single spell that says the same thing. Level skip requirement... It's by levels and required levels and what not... And don't triple or double post lol...

Kazenoyoukai

Reaction score
I'm not. I think either the forum deleted someone else's replies or it's also bugged out and when I edited something not only edited my post but posted whatever I added on in my edit as a separate post.

I'm having issues doing the trigger. I can get the Unit- A unit Sells a unit part, but I can't figure out how to get If's in a trigger (does that require JASS? I hope not, because that's beyond me) or how to check if (Buying Unit) is a [insert unit type here]. Could someone help me with where/how to do that? I can only seem to find how to check if (Buying Unit) is A structure, a ground attacking unit, etc. etc. off of those presets.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Errr, in the trigger these should be "Condition"? Then you can use Boolean Comparison for various checking and Unit-type Comparison for checking unit types.

If you want to put a Condition in the Actions, you can use the If/Then/Else action.

Kazenoyoukai

Reaction score
If/then/else is under actions? I was thinking conditions.

When I tried to go under conditions to find the thing to check if the buying unit is a particular kind of unit, I could get the buying unit on the to be compared part, but the only thing it gave me options to compare it to are a list of presets like is a structure, is a ground unit, etc. and I couldn't find an option to compare it to a certain unit? Would you mind just going in and telling me what to click on to get that particular condition statement? I'm sure if I see it once I'll realize what I've been doing wrong, but right now I'm kinda confused. I'm new to triggers and stuff.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
If/then/else is under actions? I was thinking conditions.

When I tried to go under conditions to find the thing to check if the buying unit is a particular kind of unit, I could get the buying unit on the to be compared part, but the only thing it gave me options to compare it to are a list of presets like is a structure, is a ground unit, etc. and I couldn't find an option to compare it to a certain unit? Would you mind just going in and telling me what to click on to get that particular condition statement? I'm sure if I see it once I'll realize what I've been doing wrong, but right now I'm kinda confused. I'm new to triggers and stuff.

For a unit-type comparison, Use "Unit-type Comparison" under conditions. What you were using is Boolean Comparison.

Kazenoyoukai

Reaction score
Where in a unit's data can you check something to make it into a Hero? I'm probably overlooking this like an idiot, but I can't seem to find it. I know for abilities there's the little check box for whether or not it's a hero but I just don't see it for whether or not a unit is a hero.

I suck at this, but I want to make sure this will work as intended.
This should, when a unit sells a unit (this will only happen when a tavern sells a hero), first check for if the buying unit isn't a Bodiless Soul (the basic choose your hero thing, this means that you're using a hero to buy another hero) and if that's the case give all of the buying unit's items to the sold unit, and then remove the buying unit from the game regardless of the if case.

Trigger:
  • Remove Buyer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If ((Unit-type of (Buying unit)) Not equal to Bodiless Soul) then do (For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Hero - Give (Item carried by (Buying unit) in slot (Integer A)) to (Sold unit))) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game

(How do I make that look better? Everyone else's look so much more organized and that's ugly all one-line disgustingness)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Where in a unit's data can you check something to make it into a Hero? I'm probably overlooking this like an idiot, but I can't seem to find it. I know for abilities there's the little check box for whether or not it's a hero but I just don't see it for whether or not a unit is a hero.

I suck at this, but I want to make sure this will work as intended.
This should, when a unit sells a unit (this will only happen when a tavern sells a hero), first check for if the buying unit isn't a Bodiless Soul (the basic choose your hero thing, this means that you're using a hero to buy another hero) and if that's the case give all of the buying unit's items to the sold unit, and then remove the buying unit from the game regardless of the if case.

Trigger:
  • Remove Buyer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If ((Unit-type of (Buying unit)) Not equal to Bodiless Soul) then do (For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Hero - Give (Item carried by (Buying unit) in slot (Integer A)) to (Sold unit))) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game

(How do I make that look better? Everyone else's look so much more organized and that's ugly all one-line disgustingness)

The hero checking is right in the Boolean Comparison, (Unit is a Hero equal to True). I think there is a hero check under Boolean.

As for your ugly 1 line If/Then/Else, use a If/Then/Else Multiple Functions.

grognog

Reaction score
You can't make a unit into a hero. Just base your hero off another hero and change his model file and sound set.

Kazenoyoukai

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think I've found all of that now.

I'm making a hedgemaze in part of this map, so far I've done it with the regular Bush doodad under Cityscape>Environment, is there a way to make the maze block LoS? Is there a way to prevent a use from ordering a unit to go to the center of said hedgemaze and the unit simply automatically chosing the right path?

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 100.00% experience from future kills

You know there's a search function in Warcraft, right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.