Hoping for a "To Avoid" rundown for the Trigger Editor

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
Hey, this is really just for clarification sake. I've been using the editor for a while now and I'd say I've gotten pretty good with the triggers, terrain, etc...

While using the editor, and through looking online and getting trigger fixes, I have discovered various aspects of the WC3 Editor that really should be avoided. Just like a lot of various functions in C++, they really cause more problems or leaks than it's worth to put them in.

What I was wondering, is if anybody here could make a list of these conditions, for reference sake and guideline sake. A list of the things that cause Memory leaks would be nice, and the incredibly annoying Wait function, which has just tons of problems.

I can understand if nobody feels like doing this. I would do it myself, but I still don't know all of them.

Here's an example of what I'm trying to get at.

A bunch of actions will not trigger on a trigger with Map Initialization as the event. (Don't know which specific actions though)

Triggering Unit is a much more stable classifier than the other more specific unit classifiers, and should be used whenever it is possible.

Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in (...) Will produce a memory leak, unless a unit-group variable is assigned to all the units to be selected, and the trigger is deleted afterwards with a customscript action.

Anybody know of more hiccups and tricks like these?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.