Hosting Showcase: WiredTree - Management Bliss

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I've hinted at it before, but I'll go ahead and lay it down clearly here: Hosting is an art. You can't just walk up to even a good quality host, throw down money for one of their plans, and be happy there in all cases for any setup. That's not how it works. Every host has something different to offer, even with the high quality ones, and not every good host is a good fit for what you need.
Enter WiredTree. WiredTree is a top-notch fully managed host located in Chicago that provides VPS and dedicated services along with full root access on a WHM/cPanel install. WiredTree allows you a lot of flexibility and will still monitor your base software and the server itself. I have personally seen them log into client machines to install a needed security patch that addressed a severe security flaw in some piece of software right when the patch was released. All of this was done with no intervention needed by the customer. WiredTree is an excellent provider if you like cPanel and still want the flexibility to run your own software on the server as well. I feel that WiredTree's dedicated offerings are a bit more expensive than they should be for what you get, but the quality can't be faulted in any case. Their VPSes and Hybrid VPSes are both great values that give you a lot of server for your money, as well as the peace of mind that comes with a fully managed services watching your back.

WiredTree is where The Helper.net is hosted at the time of this thread and I intend to stay hosted here for a good long time. The Helper hosts a number of other sites and having WHM/cPanel available makes this a whole lot easier to do. I completely trust WiredTree and highly recommend them if they fit what you need.

The quick and dirty:

PROS:
- Excellent support.
- Good bang for the buck with VPSes.
- High quality hardware.
- Fully managed with WHM/cPanel.

CONS:
- Dedicated is expensive.
- Only one datacenter - no geographical diversity.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.