How do I block off sections of a maze?

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
How do I do this? I want the players to only see the section of the maze that they are playing, and when they beat that section, they can only see the next section and so on.

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i can do it on ur map if u want coz its hard to explain over the internet.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
It is, apparently, very simple.
But I never got it to work properly :p
The idea, however, is something like this:

Start by making a big Region and name it something (Level1, for example) - where you want it to be.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across (Level1)

That should black out your Region (Level1) for Player 1 (Red).
You need one Action like this for each Player, though.
But as I said earlier, I never got it to work ^^

Then you probably want to see something when you enter Level1, so you'll need another trigger:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        *Whatever Event you want -Unit enters Region, for example*
    Conditions
    Actions
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 2 (Blue) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)

This trigger also needs the same Action for each Player in order to work properly.
-Hope you get what I mean.

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
umm and remember to do this
Scenario > Map Options > Masked areas are partially visible = unchecked

T]i[T]a[N

Reaction score
I haven't tried this trigger yet, but I'm pretty sure this is how its done :D

Code:
          Events
              Unit - A unit enters (Region)
          Conditions
              (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
          Actions
              Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)

for the actions you must create a region across The part you want to show (the playable map area)

Repeat this trigger for however many people you want it to take place for.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Yes, that should work if he wanted the unit to enter the region. Except you can use playergroup for all players instead of just player 1 red. Infact ill post the trigger.

Code:
Your Visibility Trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters your region <gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across your region <gen>

FIXED TRIGGER OF T]i[T]a[N.

My answer to you Polak -

Just create regions that you want to make visible. Make triggers that make them visible. For example: If you have a like 4 regions that you used to make your section visible you could use this trigger.

Code:
Region Visbility
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
            Then - Actions
                Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across the other regions <gen>
                        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across the other regions <gen>
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Except for right when you enter the game you dont use this event:

You can just use Map initialization.

Also, if your a RoC player you can just convert this to custom text if you dont want to make it a TFT map.

(P.S.) You would have to have TFT to convert it to custom text... Go to trigger editor > edit > convert to custom text.

If you dont have TFT just try using "if/then/else" not the multiple functions one like in TFT.

~ Mr.Tutorial

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.