How do i learn jass ?

Delgado

Reaction score
I seem to really want to learn jass but everytime i go to a website i just dont understand it :( can any1 help me ?
i have tried the Sfilip's link above but i just dont understand it :nuts:

Reaction score
Well if you've read all the tutorials, you could describe the parts you are having trouble with and maybe someone will be able to help.

Delgado

Reaction score
ok but its mainly all of it :S im going :nuts: on trying to learn it. all i need is for somone to simplify on learning jass

Reaction score
There isn't really much that can be done if you don't specify a thing that requires clarification.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
my suggestion to you is to read as many tutorials and possible and then just create triggers in GUI and then convert them to JASS, then just play around with it to get you started

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Get a program like JassCraft, convert a simple trigger, like a unit dies, dying unit is a hero equal to true, hero revive dying unit at position of dying unit show revival graphics.

Paste the code into Jasscraft and try setting everything to a local.

That would be the first step =)

Just read all of the tutorials. There are so many out there, you cant miss em. There's even a sticky on about 8 tutorials on how to code JASS.. just read through em a lot until you get a basic concept of what you need to be doing. I just recently got the hang of JASS =)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Jass is easy for me, because I've learned how to program on a Computer-like calculator with Assembly Language. The TI-80+ series are pretty awesome.

Caedin88

Reaction score
Jass is easy for me, because I've learned how to program on a Computer-like calculator with Assembly Language. The TI-80+ series are pretty awesome.

Yeah after 2 years of computer science learning java converting over to JASS was rather easy. Cept I can't get NewGen to install on my system because whenever I load it it crashes instantly... so im stuck with JASS instead of vJASS :(

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you know triggers, Dealin's tutorial is the way to go ^^:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.