How do I Make Creeps respawn after they are killed?

T

TerrainSkill

I am making a huge rpg map and its based on your hero, problem is after all the creeps are dead i can never figure out how to make them respawn in the same place. And when they respawn how can the gold bounty still be in affect. PLZ HELP ME IVE CHECKED THROUGH 12 PAGES AND NOONE ASKED THIS QUESTION

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Try this Emergenzy System which I found on Hiveworkshop.com

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/download/736/EZ Spawnsystem.w3x

It respawns all of your creeps.Just need to set.

Or if you don't understand you can try this.
Code:
Events:
A unit dies
Conditions:
Unit type of (dying unit)  equal to (your unit)
Actions:
Wait (time -example 100)
Unit - Create 1 of (your type of unit) in (your region) for (choose player)

PooBucket

Reaction score
Try this Emergenzy System which I found on Hiveworkshop.com

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/download/736/EZ Spawnsystem.w3x

It respawns all of your creeps.Just need to set.

Or if you don't understand you can try this.
Code:
Events:
A unit dies
Conditions:
Unit type of (dying unit)  equal to (your unit)
Actions:
Wait (time -example 100)
Unit - Create 1 of (your type of unit) in (your region) for (choose player)

That would take too long for an RPG :thdown:, you would just simply go to a player's unit's die event and then go wait 60 seconds and Create 1 of (Dying unit) for (Owner of (Dying Unit) at position of (Dying Unit).

T

TerrainSkill

Thank you for your suggestions i will try both to see which works. If i cant figure it out, can on eof you do it for me?

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

That would take too long for an RPG :thdown:, you would just simply go to a player's unit's die event and then go wait 60 seconds and Create 1 of (Dying unit) for (Owner of (Dying Unit) at position of (Dying Unit).

That would work, however, it will spawn at the point where it died, not its original placement. (also leaks)

PiCkstix

Reaction score
I am making a huge rpg map and its based on your hero, problem is after all the creeps are dead i can never figure out how to make them respawn in the same place. And when they respawn how can the gold bounty still be in affect. PLZ HELP ME IVE CHECKED THROUGH 12 PAGES AND NOONE ASKED THIS QUESTION

>PLZ HELP ME IVE CHECKED THROUGH 12 PAGES AND NOONE ASKED THIS QUESTION

Yes it has.

And I think I answered it before by giving him triggers...

Ask if you need them...

EDIT: Ah, what the hell, I'll add them again!

Code:
Respawn Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set tmpintegar = 0
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                            Conditions
                                (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Furbolg Hut
                    Then - Actions
                        Do nothing
                    Else - Actions
                        Set graveyardpoint[tmpintegar] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                        Set graveyardunit[tmpintegar] = (Unit-type of (Picked unit))
                        Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to tmpintegar
                        Set tmpintegar = (tmpintegar + 1)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                            Conditions
                                (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Flying Machine
                    Then - Actions
                        Do nothing
                    Else - Actions
                        Set graveyardpoint[tmpintegar] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                        Set graveyardunit[tmpintegar] = (Unit-type of (Picked unit))
                        Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to tmpintegar
                        Set tmpintegar = (tmpintegar + 1)

Code:
Respawn 3
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) Dies
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Not equal to Furbolg Hut
    Actions
        Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
        Unit - Create 1 graveyardunit[(Custom value of (Dying unit))] for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at graveyardpoint[(Custom value of (Dying unit))] facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Dying unit))
(And for this trigger, I am going to say it for the third time, I made it wait 1 second that many times because it prevents a certain Memory leak with PCs with Dual Core processors)

_________________​
A true man will get back on his feet after defeat and try again.
A true noob will say, “y0 dat waz phail!”.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
That would work, however, it will spawn at the point where it died, not its original placement. (also leaks)

That wont work cause after 60 seounds the point the unit died will no longer be there.

Make a regions where you want the creeps to spawn, then make a trigger that goes a unit dies, unit is your unit, wait so and so time, create 1 unit type of triggering unit at random point in your region. To do this with multiple regions, make a unit group for each region, then put remove triggering unit from unit group, add last created unit to unit group. Ps add a condtion that the triggering unit is owned by NH

As for the bounty, I assume you are useing NH for the creeps, if so BOunty turn on for player NH.

T

TerrainSkill

jeesh im so confused now:confused: there are so many options,...but which is right? i dont want to read another tutorial on how to do so because i did that and it only made things worse, so today ill try the region and then the idea posted by pickstix. thnx again and ill let you know how it went

PooBucket

Reaction score

>(also leaks), no **** sherlock, i didn't put much thought in that cause i'm giving him the basic.

If you want the creep to go in the original placement....i'm not sure then, you could do it the long way by making many regions and then when one of thoe units die it goes back into it's original region.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.