How do i make this ability?

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Ok guyz, ive been thinking for a long time and i can't seem to make this work.

Is there a way to make abilities that do multiple function at the same time? Like forexample, one passive ability adds damage, attackspeed, movement speed, mana regen, and regen. Isit possible with a hero spell?

rayquaza218

Reaction score
yeah ok... but!

i realise that, but DotA made a spell like that. The unit had increased regeneration rate, but at the same time he got a defense bonus, could you teach me how to do this?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Firstly, create as many custom buffs based on 'phoenix' buff ('Phoenix', because it won't show an item.) as many auras you have minus 1. (You wan't to show one aura icon, right. ). Then modify the buff for each aura.
Lastly, add the auras to a spellbook, give the spellbook to a hero and disable it at map 'ini'.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds noobish, im not too good with spellbooks.

So all these custom buffs i make off pheonix, how do i do this, im looking at pheonix and theres barely anythign that allows me to add regen or anything to the unit.

Secondly how do i create a spellbook?

because it won't show an item
Does that mean i add under "effects" all my item effects and that pehonix is an item? i don't quite get it (-.-)??

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Oh sorry, I meant to write (the buff, you see on the hero status) icon.

There is a spellbook tutorial. Use the search.

Now, I meant, if you have all the auras ready, they all show a different buff. If you remove their buff and replace them with buffs based of phoenix buff, they wont show.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Ok, so i put all these auras with the "pheonix" buff into a spell book, and disable it? Doesn't it make that the default abilities? i need a learnable ability that adds armour and regen. (with levels too) But if i put this spells into a spell book, its just as good as making a unit stronger right? Ill try searching for the spellbook tutorial.

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
Ok, so i put all these auras with the "pheonix" buff into a spell book, and disable it? Doesn't it make that the default abilities? i need a learnable ability that adds armour and regen. (with levels too) But if i put this spells into a spell book, its just as good as making a unit stronger right? Ill try searching for the spellbook tutorial.
one spell book tutorial here hehehe
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46238

rayquaza218

Reaction score
OK thanks ayumi, ive gotten to the spot where i have a hidden skill that has two auras in it, both without buffs showing (thanks Andrew). And now im going to test it out... If it works... ^^ u have my heartfelt gratitude, (and my rep =P)

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Dragon Jutsu Copy
Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Naga Blood
Actions
Player - Disable Naga Blood for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Add Naga Blood (Dummy Cover) to (Triggering unit)
Unit - Set level of Naga Blood (Dummy Cover) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Naga Blood for (Triggering unit))

This is what i have, now the ability only has onelevel, please help!!!!! the ability disappears from the unit's learn area.

Darius34

Reaction score
DotA's Dragon's Blood is based off Unholy Aura and uses a regeneration upgrade. I think, I don't have access to the Open DotA now.

That's because you disabled the Naga Blood spell. You have to put it in a spellbook, disable the spellbook, then add the spell to your unit.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
If you read above, "Naga Blood" is actually a spell book, containg the stuff inside, health regen and defense bonus. Now see, i can learn the first level all right, then when i try to learn the second level, the thing is blank, there is no second level, but i set the spell book to be three levels, so it appears that disabling it will not enable the spell book to be multileveled, the thing is, Ayumi's tutorial, which is unfinished OMG BECAUSE OF TEATIME??? does not explain fully how the other levels work, and its presuming that the abilities we all make are one leveled.

In other words, how do i make my spell, multi levelable?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
If you read above, "Naga Blood" is actually a spell book, containg the stuff inside, health regen and defense bonus. Now see, i can learn the first level all right, then when i try to learn the second level, the thing is blank, there is no second level, but i set the spell book to be three levels, so it appears that disabling it will not enable the spell book to be multileveled, the thing is, Ayumi's tutorial, which is unfinished OMG BECAUSE OF TEATIME??? does not explain fully how the other levels work, and its presuming that the abilities we all make are one leveled.

In other words, how do i make my spell, multi levelable?

There are abilities that can not be leveled (such as Item Damage Bonus, Item Mana Regeneration Bonus... but spellbook can be leveled). Tryed to check each ability level? (and also the spellbook level?)

rayquaza218

Reaction score
yeah i did the spell books multileveled. it has three levels, each time it asks what abilities do you want inside, so i changed it each time, but for some reason disabling it will make the spell book disappear, i want it to be like a passve ability, unopenable but still with 3 levels.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.