How do I run 2D games in windowed mode

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Hello!

I got this old 2D game called "Chris Sawyers Locomotion" and I would like to be able to play it in windowed mode. I tried to add -window to its path C:\Program\Atari\Locomotion\Loco.exe but it didn't work, it still started in full screen (if you know the game Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Locomotion runs on basically the same engine, so if you by any chance happen to have found a windowed-mode solution for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 it should work for my game as well). What can I do to make this old 2D game run in a window?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Run in compatability mode? Right click and goto the other tabs there, you'll find it.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, but I did not find any checkbox saying "run this program in windowed mode instead of fullscreen" (oh lol :p I'm not being sarcastic, I know it wouldn't say it exactly that way, but there weren't anything that even remotedly implied running the game in windowed mode :p)

I mean, it works fine in fullscreen, but I would like to have it in a window instead so I can watch other tasks while playing

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion!

But it didn't work. I tried pressing alt+enter in-game and all I got was that windows error sound, "doot!". Nothing else happened, the game continued running as normal.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Well, no-one will die if I play it in fullscreen, but it would be really great for me if I could somehow manage to trick the game into running in a window anyway :)

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Thanks, but that didn't work :(

Are there any programs that I can run 2D games in windowed mode through or anything? I would love to be able to!

Marsmallos

Reaction score
I tried "dxwnd" and though it made the game run in a window, I got some really big graphic drawing errors that made the game unplayable. The animation of the screen did not update, but was locked to the same frame unless you moved another explorer window over it to update the image, and the mouse didn't show up in the game window either.

could you give me a little more information on "bust", links, or anything? bust is a little too general term to google and even though I tried adding 2d, windowed, directx and other terms to it I didn't find anything.

Thanks for all the replies so far by the way, whoever finds a working solution will be rewardd muchas reputation :thup:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
have you tried to right click the program and go to properties and add -windows to the end of the program line?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.