How Do you make a custom Abilitys?

Kilik

Reaction score
Alright i have never done this before but what i wanna do is summon chimearas like summon water elemental.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Object Editor
Abilities tab
Human / Heroes
right-click on "summon water elemental"
new custom ability

in your new ability,
find "data - summoned unit type"
change to whatever other unit

try it out on some Hero

HTH
AceHart

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
AceHart only TFT has the abiltiies tab. You'd have to edit the abilities through the .MPQ or something and I can betyou all the money in the world that you'd be seriously lucky if you had someone explain to you how to make abilities in RoC. Either get TFT, or stick with RoC and take months on end just to figure out how to make custom abilities.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone not too long ago posted a link they found on wc3campaigns about how to make abilities in RoC. But if you have the patience to do it then you really deserve an award.

Kilik

Reaction score
Lol ok i guess ill go get TFT...and i was working on the trigger to make a custom ability for like 3 hours last night and it still doesnt work :/

O

Omalley666

Alright....THIS IS REALLY SIMPLE (Well, at least the way I did it...)

1. Go to Object Editor and click on "Abilities" Tab
2. On the left side there should be a list of ALL abilities including custom ones. What you are looking for is:

Standard Abilities
- Human
+ Units
- Heros
LIST
OF
ALL
ABILITIES
FOR
HUMAN
HEROS
>>>Summon Water Elemental<<<
ETC...

Right click on that. A menu pops-up, select, "New Custom Ability"

3. A new window will pop up with a the "Base Ability" picked as well as the name. You can change the name whenever) Hit "OK"

4. Now, on the right side, you'll see alot of integers and names and words. I don't care what you think looks cool, what you are looking for is:\

Level 1 - Data - Summoned Unit >>>Water Elemental [Level 1]<<<
Level 2 - Data - Summoned Unit >>>Water Elemental [Level 2]<<<

and so on and so forth...

5. Now, double click on those three* lines (one at a time) to select what unit you want to spawn.

6. Next thing to look for:

Level 1 - Stats - Buffs >>>Water Elemental<<<

Up to level three* (*= You can change the number of levels you wish the spell to have.)

Double click to bring up a lists of Buffs & Effects that go with this spell. Delete the "Water Elemental" and then click "Add Buff"

That will bring up a list of Buffs that you can choose from. The one you want is:

"Summoned Unit"

Choose that and click okay and there you have it. Set it to your hero and begin spawwning flying sheep...or whatever...

Now, there are some values that if you screw up then you'll be angry and blow off your map. Unless you know what you are doing, don't touch...

*Puts black sunglasses on as a bright light swallows me up*

O

Omalley666

Kilik said:
Yeah....Thats for TFT and i have ROC but thanks anyways.

*appears with gun shoots himself in head* Well...Hmmm...^_^;;;

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.