How large Meg Wise, do you think starcraft 2 custom maps will allow

Large enough to make custom melle map, with all custom sounds, models, ect

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No, A little Larger Is fine though.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, it is more then big enough for custom maps.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
lol and you think they are going to keep that dl speed? err ok... this is 2008, not 2003, with b-net 2.0 the dl speed is just one minor thing that will be fixed... jeese use your brains guys.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
huh? your not making sense, and how does Bnet not send the maps? it does, the map is sent from the host to Bnet where it then sends it to the joining players, if you don't believe me check the download file in maps.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Anyway, what good to imported models do? Most of them aren't worth it.

Imported models allow you to change the theme of the game amongst other things.... and with warcraft 3 custom modelling hasn't reached it's full potential because it's so damn hard to come across working software. I spent a couple of weeks making some hardcore custom models with gmax just to find unlike the tutorials state, dexport doesn't export the animations ANYTHING like you code them. On top of that gmax corrupted a couple of my fav models mid-development and crashes randomly. Who wants to work with shit like that? When sc2 arrives it'll atleast be compatible with current software so I won't need to dig around for a shitty old version of 3dsmax or search around the net for scripts that have been unsupported for years.

connection wise ... atleast with sc2 we won't have to worry so much about playing with people who have poor connections, considering most of those people don't even have a computer capable of running the game. :thup:

chanta45

Reaction score
Now I don't know about servers or networking or any of that, but I kind of wish B-net had a "temporary map" server which held maps that people are hosting, and when you download it you're downloading it from B-Net (rather then from them) at a much higher rate. (Well depending on your internet of course) and you know it could do something like ask you before you want to start downloading (You join a retarded game that's like 50 megs, click no so you don't waste time and HD space). And instead of restricting map size too much they could restrict import size. Just a thought but yah

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.