How to: Change Missile Impact

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Does anyone know how i can change that? Theres no recent or answered thread for this so i decided to start a new...

dummy
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Grenadier
Actions
Wait (((Distance between (Position of (Attacking unit)) and (Position of (Attacked unit))) / 900.00) - 0.60) seconds
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacked unit)) using war3mapImported\NewGroundEX.mdx

But of course there are several problems...
1. If the missile isn't homing the impact can be at the wrong place
2. if there are more units of that type (and there are!) then the triggers will overlap because of the wait
3. the old impact is still visible sometimes...

I could live with the third problem... but it's clear that it doesn't work as I like it to
So dearly i can't model and don't have any skills in JASS
But I'm quite interested in getting to know JASS and just started using JNPG so if you could explain a JASS solution to me that would be great too.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The one way I can think of is become more experienced in Variables and use arrays. I'm a bit to busy to tell you exactly how to do it but basically set the last created special effect in an array variable then remove it after X seconds.
Hopefully someone will elleborate on what I've said

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I don't know yet what you're meaning but i also thought of setting a variable for the unit's location before waiting for the missile to hit and then create the explosion there... (so the effect occurs at the actual impact spot)
But then there's the overlapping problem :p (without the overlapping of triggers with several units that solution would be perfect!)

So is there any way around that? Like a variable variable (for a location) ^^
Otherwise I would need to create a whole lot of variables... btw. I don't know what arrays are so maybe that's my answers ;)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
At least you don't use wait, I guess you will go better off with the damage detector trigger. The problem that you've said that it is still visible sometimes can be solved by using special effect - destroy last created special effect.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
damage detector won't fit because i want there to be a special effect whether or not it hit an enemy. And it's also an AOE damage attack
That's why the variable thing would be totally perfect... but I can't figure out how to just create a random variable point^^
Like a variable that only stays inside of the trigger once it is triggered

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.