How to convert .avi video files to MP4?

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say that to date the search function does not seem to work for me on any VBoard forums - Whether in IE, FF or Opera (Yet to try out Google Chrome). So my apologies if it has been asked before.

To the point, last week I my family got a puppy, and my little sister was insistent that she wanted to show our relatives - who we are visiting sometime this week - some videos of the puppy we have taken. My sister wants to put the home videos of the new puppy on her iPod, although for whatever reason the video files are .avi , where the iPod doesn't accept that format. One format they do accept is MPEG4 (MP4?), and my question is simply this:

How do I convert a .avi video file to an iPod-compatible MPEG4 format? Preferably a free method.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I would Google it, but I wouldn't know which products to trust, etc.

Thanks in advance! :)

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick and helpful response! :)

Although if you don't mind me asking another question on a similar basis:

What program would you recommend for .avi to .mov file conversions? Preferably free if possible - I know you can use Windows Movie Maker to do the conversion... But it takes WAY too long in comparison to file size. :eek:

One again, any and all answers are appreciated.

Have a good one! :)

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Any Video Converter will do..

According to its description, it only accepts .mov as input and not output, which doesn't come as a surprise: The encoder part of QuickTime is licensed, so you'll have to get it from Apple (QuickTime Pro, which isn't free).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.