How to convert flash game files into exe files?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there :D the title pretty much covers my question: I had some friends at school who had flash games on their flash drives (ignore the pun), and could play them as offline exes. I really want to know how to do this as well, I've done multiple searches for offline converters but I either get software that doesn't work, or needs payment.

I want to know how I can turn flash game files (.swf) into playable, WORKING stand-alone programs (.exes)

Clear, concise answers will be well rewarded!

EDIT: I know about the online converter.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
If this is your own Flash file, feel free to pop it open with Flex builder, and use Adobe Air to convert it to a standalone .EXE file.

However, if it is not, I cannot say I have that experience, in which case try following this link, which suggests the use of this program.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Dunno about the flash files (SWF) but if you made it yourself and have the source file (FLA), open it with flash and go to File > Publish Settings, and there will be an option to export your flash as an EXE file.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: If you're intention is to be able to play them offline, you should be aware that you're still able to play them offline as SWF files, you just need Flash Player (which is free).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.