How To Make a Friendly Unit Take % more damage

Griffen25

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to make a combination of two spells.
Blink and Berserk.

I am trying to get my Hero, to blink to a new location and directly after he has arrived to be buffed with a custom berserk, causing him to receive say 50% more damage.

currently i am fiddling with a Blink spell, and using a trigger to detect the spell and create 1 dummy unit with berserk and order the unit to cast it.

however berserk is a no target spell. and the dummy unit receives the buff. not the hero.
so i tried to edit the area of affect of the spell, however i was unable. i also tried to change the targets allowed. however, no luck

Basically, is there a way i can make my hero recieve % more damage for a set amount of time?

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Why don't you temporarily (meaning, while the spell is in effect) add an item* ability to the unit, based on Night elf - Hardened Skin with negative values, and then remove it after the effect finishes?

*you wont be able to see the ability if it's an item ability

madd_999

Reaction score
make a spell book..
disable this spell book for all players that have this spell..

i know that there is a passive that reduces damage in %..

its used in "enfo's tm : mt edition" for 2 items..
sadly i cant remember the item name in enfo's or the spell name..
I haven't the WE here at the moment because I'm at school.. I'll try to find it when I'm home

enable negative numbers in the word editor..
set the damage reduction to -50%..
create a dummy spell (like bloodlust with everything set to 0)..

when youre hero blinks.. give the spellbok to the hero.. let the dummy unit cast the dummy bloodlust and add the unit to a unit group..

create a trigger that cheks every X seconds if the unit in the unit group have the dummy buff..

if that's equal to false remove the unit form the unit group and let the trigger remove the spellbook..

nd ow i hope i dint skip anything.. and I hope it works for you..

Griffen25

Reaction score
Why don't you temporarily (meaning, while the spell is in effect) add an item* ability to the unit, based on Night elf - Hardened Skin with negative values, and then remove it after the effect finishes?

Unfortunatly harden skin is a % chance to block X damage.
I need something that is 100% chance to block -50% damage.

( x = constant )

make a spell book..
disable this spell book for all players that have this spell..

i know that there is a passive that reduces damage in %..

its used in "enfo's tm : mt edition" for 2 items..
sadly i cant remember the item name in enfo's or the spell name..
I haven't the WE here at the moment because I'm at school.. I'll try to find it when I'm home

1/ What exactly is a spell book? I dont believe I've heard that term before
2/ After having a look, I think you might be thinking of "Spiked Carpace" the big undead heroes passive. I'll take a look into it.

Q: However, how can I make my unit recieve the Custom Spiked Carpace buff for a set amount of time? usually i would use a dummy to cast the spell.
however i don't know how to create a dummy that gives an edited passive buff.

thanks for the comments guys!

Griffen25

Reaction score
Q: However, how can I make my unit recieve the Custom Spiked Carpace buff for a set amount of time? usually i would use a dummy to cast the spell.
however i don't know how to create a dummy that gives an edited passive buff.

unfortunately spiked carpace is only for melee attacks. So it looks like i'm back to square one.

Is there anyone out there that can help me? Is it even possible?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i dont see whats so hard about telling the unit to cast berserk (After giveing it to him) then removeing it after it casts.

so it shuld look something like this

Unit Blinks
Berserk Added
Unit Berserks
Berserk Removed

Berserk is one of thsoe spells that have no cast animation nor delay betwen order and cast.

Griffen25

Reaction score
Problem Solved! =D

it shuld look something like this

Unit Blinks
Berserk Added
Unit Berserks
Berserk Removed

Berserk is one of thsoe spells that have no cast animation nor delay betwen order and cast.

I forgot that it has no cast animation & delay. + i wasnt sure if you would be able to see the spell appear and dissapear for a split second.

Yeh thats solved the problem. perfect thanks mate!
+rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.