How to: Make a Loading Screen

Tonks

Reaction score
This doesn't work

Obviously it does, as there's roughly 3 pages of people saying it does and complimenting it.

But of course you're right; it's worthless and doesn't work since you didn't get it right on your first try. :rolleyes:

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You trix.. me.. I don't work. The top left and right are distorted.. and the two bottoms ones are WHITE.

This is how it looks
doiii9.jpg

Btw, why is my filesize for the loading screen 4mb? Is it too pro? I am using 300 dpi

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I have no idea what you did there, but the MDX files are tested and work...
You sure you got the pictures right?

worldofDeath

Reaction score
S. Could you do a turtotral on how to be able to host(on bnet tft). With a norton firewall(2007 internet secreity) and with a windows(Xp)
fire wall. I have been working on doing this for ever and cant figuer out why its not working for me.

If you do(i dont have much rep so i cant) youll get a big pat on the back i gess. Thanks in advance if you do it.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
H

Hanester

im stuck and dont know what to do

hey Sfilip i did everything on the tutorial for making a low quality loading screen and when i go to test it it comes up blank. Im pretty sure i did everything right because ive gone through it agian and agian and it always is black for the loading screen when i test it.I think the source of my problems is the fact that when i go to download the LoadingScreen.mdx file, it says the file could not be found. So i save it instead and that doesnt seem to work. Do you or if anyone knows what is wrong, let me know what i should do? thankyou

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
File not found? You sure?
That is probably the cause for this, yes, but the file downloads fine for me...
Try again. Or I guess I could upload it somewhere for you.

H

Hanester

yea just tried to DL it agian it doesnt work. that would be great though if you could upload it for me. thanks:)

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
5/5, explains everything, really helps, easy to read, not too difficult to do, its aweomse:shades::D :)

T

Topherthetoa

Hey,

Using a mac and the wc3 viewer is pretty hard to use.. anyway to just use .tga files instead of converting them to .bpl?

killbuzz

Reaction score
Very good tut helped me alot :D +rep

-Just realized that this post must be almost a year old. :p

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Hey SFilip,
first thanks for the tutorial it helped me alot, but i everytime i try to add a basic, "low quality" loading screen i get a black screen. here's what i've done:
1) made a pic in photoshop (.jpg) and converted it to .tga with Irfanview as seen here:
tutloadjt4.png

2) converted it to .blp with wc3viewer(load.blp). it said it was succesfull. (at Quality of Compression=60 and clicked yes when it asked to add an alpha channel to it)
3)Downloaded and imported the LoadingScreen.mdx file and imported the newly made load.blp
4) changed the path of load.blp to FullScreen.blp
5) added it using the scenario options. saved and tested.

though i still get the black screen. can you help?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Not really sure, could you upload the picture here?
Are you sure the path is ok? It's supposed to be FullScreen.blp without anything in front.

M

master yoda

Great Work 6.5/5
+rep
One problem...

Loading screen.mdx...
i tried Sfilips but "could not load file....blah blah blah?????
pls help me........

edit

I created my own loading screen coz urs wouldnt work(dont now why)
it jus goes all black....
light on the sitcuwation?????

Hers how it turned out... thanks to you....legend

View attachment 10438

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.