How to make a trigger spell?

Meowier

Reaction score
Well, there are so many ways to do it. It depends on your knowledge of triggers, but you should start with something simple. Go do this...

Create an ability, based off of unholy frenzy. Make it do whatever you want, now open the trigger editor.

Code:
Event - A (generic) unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition - Ability being cast equal to yourunholyfrenzyability
Action - Play special effect holylight on triggering unit.

That will teach you three things.
1. An event that relates to an ability.
2. A condition that is needed for many triggered abilities.
3. How to play a special effect on a unit, such as holy light.

After you've SUCCESSFULLY done that, experiment a little, find Actions and test them. You can try creating a unit at the position of triggering unit, damage the caster, experiment!

I've been map making for a long time, but i'm still learning. You can't learn trigger spells all in one day, or even one week. Experimenting is your best friend, before you ask things on here play around a bit, if you think you can't find it, then ask on here. If you have msn or aim or something, try and find an experienced ability creator that you can talk too, and perhaps they can walk you through with things.

K

KiD-X

ok, but wad if i want it to cause other effects? lie damage or push unit back wards.

Your question is a bit ambiguous, as each triggered spell is different. Alot of more advanced spells even use JASS. If you are looking to make a specific type of triggered spell, it's probably easiest to do some research in the "spell" area of this forum. There's a tonne of different custom spell ideas with tutorials on how they are done

N

NuBy

It's under

Code:
Special Effects - Create special effect at Point

Meowier

Reaction score
Yeah sorry about that. My warcraft comp isn't working right now, couldn't get exact action.

On another note Sarkurayboy. You're not going to be able to achieve some things instantly, I say it's best just to learn what different things do, or read a tutorial. I wouldn't recommend going for a pushback spell right away. However a simple damaging spell is always good, or something to that effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.