How to make my spells also burn mana

Exoudar

Reaction score
Hello there,

I am trying to make a tower that has a special; enemy units who got hit by its spells also burn 1 point of mana.

I tried
Trigger:
  • Spell burns mana
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Lightning (Spell Tower)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 1.00)

However it only burn mana from the first target.

It doesnt need to be something like chain mana burn, just any spell , breath of fire for example but any enemy unit who got hit will lose 1 mana.

Any help ?

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Your current trigger works for most single-target spells, it's just that Chain Lighting is rather finnicky and to my knowledge there is no way of detecting which additional targets get hit. This holds true with any single-target spell that hits more than one target (Forked Lightning being the only other one that comes to mind).

If you want to do it with area-of-effect spells, the trickiness depends on the area type. Flamestrike, for instance, is a circular AoE and is thus very easy to do this for (Unit Group - Pick all units within (Units within X range of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do actions). Breath of fire, on the other hand, is a cone and you'd need to do a bit of math to figure who's in and who's out of the spells range if you wanted it to work accurately.

With time and energy, any of these can be solved for the correct answer, though some are trickier than others.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.