How to use level in tooltip (rawcode)

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Hi! I want to use the level of another ability in the tooltip of my first ability. Can I do this in any way?

E: I am thinking of this "%d" which is used in "Learn |cffffcc00F|rleash Heap - [|cffffcc00Level %d|r]". Can I use that in any way?

If I can't can I use the current value from another spell like mana cost or cd in the first ability's tooltip.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
I dont believe you can use ability levels in another spell.
You can use other types of data though.

AAAA will be the ability rawcode e.g 'AHtb' of Storm Bolt.

BBBB will be the data field and # the level of the field. e.g Data1 will be level 1 and Data2 will be level 2.

If the ability needs a percentage you will add ,% to the end to tell it that its must round off.

This is how the structure works. <AAAA,BBBB#> or <AAAA,BBBB#,%>

Fields and rawcodes are seperated by ","s and closed in "<>"

A complete rawcode reference would be <AHtb,Data1>

All of the raw codes can be found out by using Cntl+D

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Not levels, why not just set an unused value? Such as turn off/turn off extended or something similar?

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Because I want 1 ability which is the real ability. When I kill with the first ability I get strength. So to see the total amount of strength gained I thought that I could use a second ability (on a dummy unit) which gains level as you gain strength which you can use in the first abilities tooltip.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Like ShadowFiend from dota?

I'm sure there's a resource which details exactly how it was done there.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Because I want 1 ability which is the real ability. When I kill with the first ability I get strength. So to see the total amount of strength gained I thought that I could use a second ability (on a dummy unit) which gains level as you gain strength which you can use in the first abilities tooltip.

I believe this is done by making, for example, 30 levels of the ability. You can base the strength bonus on "Attribute Bonus". Set the value per level and write the tooltip for all your levels. Make sure this is a unit ability. Base your actual hero ability on something like "Item - Damage Bonus" with null values. Then, use a trigger to add the "Attribute Bonus" ability to your unit when the actual hero ability is learned.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Yeah but the hero ability have 4 levels. If you then have replaced your "main" ability with the one with 30 you are going to have a problem when you level up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.