HP Firebird 800 series lighting problem.

Wasapiguy2

Reaction score
I'd like to say hi to everybody as this is my first post.

Hi.

I've gotten a 800 series HP Firebird, running Vista 64 bit SP1 with DirectX version 10.0. I'm currently having a problem with the LED lights that are supposed to look so awesome. I can't change their color nor turn them off. I turned to google, which resulted in more frustration.

This led me to This, which I downloaded and attempted to install.

The installation goes well, and then a pop-up appears that says "Click yes to install the software" or something of the sort. I choose "Yes", which results in "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled. (9993)"

And now I'm stuck.

I'm very tired at the moment; I will hopefully be able to provide more information later as requested. And no, it isn't installed already. My nvidia control panel only has 3D settings, Display, and Video & television. I'm in the advanced view, which is set to show everything, though even in the custom view there is nothing that talks about a "performance" section, that the HP website says should exist if I have this thingymabob installed.

And... Yeah. Frustration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will be checking on this form at about 3 PM eastern time to update with any information. (Note-- while I am technologically literate, imagine you're talking to a baby when you give me instructions. I'd hate to waste everyone's time because I'm stupid.)

Thanks-

Wasapiguy2

PS- HP told me to reinstall my graphics drivers. Did not work. And if I've done something stupid, tell me!

Thanks in advance!

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Seems like you don't have the required system specs, simple as that.

Wasapiguy2

Reaction score
One would assume that, except for the fact that the program is designed for my system specifically, and I haven't changed anything in terms of hardware or drivers (excluding the re-installing of my graphics driver).

I don't think system specifications are a problem, though if one could shed more light on the matter that would be greatly appreciated.

Wasapiguy2

Reaction score
Thank you Amfidamant!

+rep!

The program you showed me gave me the blue screen of death in safe mode, in normal mode...

I closed explorer.exe and ran it, VIOLA!

I now kiss your feet. Thank you so much!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.