Human Flag is Red Coloured?

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Alright so I made a CTF map and its working well.

The only problem is, whenever I create a special effect (Human Flag model) and attach it to the unit, it shows up as red in colour.

How do you change the colour?

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
Special Effects has some weakness,

try to create a dummy unit using Custom Unit based on:
Undead Special - Locust.

Change the model to Human Flag.
Change the attacks enabled to none.
Change the shadow to none/normal.
Change the movement speed to max.

And later on use
Trigger:
  • Unit - Create Unit facing Angle

Trigger:
  • Unit - Change color

And order it to follow the attached unit/ use another trigger to move it every duration.

I guess you need JASS if you insist doing the special effects one.

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It must look like he's carrying the flag....if I use your method, wont I have to use a periodic trigger to move the location every 0.01 secs? (which is bad coding and doesnt look like hes carrying the flag...)

EDIT: Nope ordering is no good - doesnt look like hes carrying the flag and moving it every 0.01 is just bad coding and unrealistic.

Whats the JASS one?

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Its not a teamcolor texture? When I make the flag's owner Player 2 [Blue], it turns blue.

Im guessing there must be some way to replicate the effect with special effects?

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
human flag is RED and this is not teamcolor texture.
It is teamcolor texture.

It must look like he's carrying the flag....if I use your method, wont I have to use a periodic trigger to move the location every 0.01 secs? (which is bad coding and doesnt look like hes carrying the flag...)

EDIT: Nope ordering is no good - doesnt look like hes carrying the flag and moving it every 0.01 is just bad coding and unrealistic.

Whats the JASS one?

I found a new way.
Use Attachment with Human Flag model.
But the flag color will follow the holding unit's team color.

DioD

Reaction score
well, this is few flags, make sure you are using one with team texture.

then attach flag to invisible dummy unit with dummy model if you need static model.

if you attach it to units, AFTER effect is attached change unit color to unit's color, this will update color of effects.

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Huh? Thats what I did:

The only problem is, whenever I create a special effect (Human Flag model) and attach it to the unit, it shows up as red in colour.

Its still red.

DioD

Reaction score
post flag model path i will test myself.
(i need path to test model you are using, since there is multiple flag models)

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Objects\InventoryItems\HumanCaptureFlag\HumanCaptureFlag.mdl

You can test it yourself. Attach it to a unit its red for some reason, regardless of player colour.

DioD

Reaction score
you must set unit color after you attach effect, this works, try to read posts above.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Knight 0074 <gen> using Objects\InventoryItems\HumanCaptureFlag\HumanCaptureFlag.mdl
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Change color of Knight 0074 <gen> to Blue

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Turning the unit into the same colour that I want the flag to be isnt exactly what I had in mind.

Are there any other methods?

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
That could work....Unfortunately, I dont know how to make models, and I merely need a Red and a Blue Flag model...

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
How else can I attach them? They need to be a special effect in order for me to attach them, and in order to use a special effect, I have to use existing models...

I cant create a unit, change its model to flag, and have him somehow follow/teleport near my hero all the time - it looks unrealistic somehow.

DioD

Reaction score
if you need only 2 flags, use different models, there is flag versions for every race.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
How else can I attach them? They need to be a special effect in order for me to attach them, and in order to use a special effect, I have to use existing models...

I cant create a unit, change its model to flag, and have him somehow follow/teleport near my hero all the time - it looks unrealistic somehow.

Why not use attachment points in left hand or right hand?

P.S just booming ideas, ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.