I think I corrupted my map

littleman887

Reaction score
Ok here is the story... I was working on my rpg map and was importing a custom model (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-on-foot-50460/?prev=search=mage&r=20&d=list) to be exact. I imported the .mdx, .blp and the portrait, made the custom unit, placed it on my map, saved, and closed the editor.

After closing I opened the editor again and clicked open "mymap" It started loading the doodads and when it got to the units it got to 12/13 loaded then crashed. So of course I tried it again but only to receive the same result. This has left me wondering if it was infact that new model I uploaded on my map?

Things I have tried and don't work:
-Copy the map and open the copy
-try opening the map on Mac (I made it originally on XP)
-use MPQ extractor and try to remove the imported model (but with no success)

Please someone help me! This is the best map I've made so far and I really don't want to see it go to waste.

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
Give me a link so I can download the map, perhaps I can fix it. PM it to me if you don't want to announce the map.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Welcome to the Helper!!!! If you have any previous versions of the map (You should, it helps protect you from things like this) open them. I don't believe the model itself has any problems, maybe just a corrupt import?

If you have no previous versions of the map, either start again or hope that someone can help you fix your current map. (I have no clue whats going on)

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
If you can't fix your map, look in the wc3 folder called Test. Many times the latest version of your map is in there.

littleman887

Reaction score
ehh i think I'm just gonna restart my map I wasn't too far along I guess. Well thanks for responding guys sorry it couldn't work out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.