[Idea] MiniGolf Designer

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
For a long time I've been thinking how you would make it so you could design a minigolf course. I figured the editor would need to know if walls were vertical or horizontal for rebounding purposes. I thought maybe you could have a tile for vertical walls, and a tile for horizontal walls. Then I realized that would WORK... But what person would actually use vertical walls for vertical walls :p
So, I thought, maybe you just build two buildings, and you define a region that is between the two towers. If that region is vertical (just check the angles between the towers), then add the event a unit enters (the region you just defined) to the trigger which rebounds for vertical walls.
ANYWAYS, that's how I will do the rebounding.

Oh, as a side note, the chances I will actually make this are slim to none. I have only completed one map so far, and it's quite pitiful (really old :p).

Uhmm...
Would you guys look forward to a minigolf designer game?
Basically you just design minigolf courses and play minigolf :D

SOMETHING IS NEEDED!!!
I will need a model of a golfer, or at least someone could tell me of a pre-existing model in Warcraft that might give the illusion of golfing at a certain time in any animation if I edit it to have a club.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
sounds like a awesome map ;)

though itd be probably be quite glitchy even with awesome JASS...

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Hmm... make sure you include a variety of gameplay modes and perhaps functions to keep it interesting.

To answer your question:
Yes. Perhaps.

Doesn't seem to exceptional to me; I'm not a big fan of ____ Designer type games.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
A mini-golf game creator would be really cool...it would be a big project, and i dont know if many people would really look forward to it. Maybe something else? Lol :p sorry if im being too negative but ... Theres too many Maze Designers, and i dont think too many people like mini-golf type games...especially for waiting times and stuff.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I don't care whether it'd be popular or not... To tell ya the truth I make maps for myself and my friends lol.
If it becomes popular I'll be like, oh, that's nice. Now I can put in cheats for only my name and pwn some noobs lol (no I wouldn't do that for real)

Okay thanks for feedback. I think I may start making this, but knowing me, I'll stop making it eventually =/
I also don't wanna spend too much time on the comp lol

G

Gilaris

I think its a good idea, but like pheonixashes i dont really like designer games, so maybe you could make some premade golf cources and some space where you can make your own

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I don't care whether it'd be popular or not... To tell ya the truth I make maps for myself and my friends lol.
If it becomes popular I'll be like, oh, that's nice. Now I can put in cheats for only my name and pwn some noobs lol (no I wouldn't do that for real)

Okay thanks for feedback. I think I may start making this, but knowing me, I'll stop making it eventually =/
I also don't wanna spend too much time on the comp lol

Haha that sounds pretty cool :)

also....yeah i stop making maps alot too..but i've been focusing alot on how people think it would be, if people think it would be a good map, then i would keep going..if people dont..then well why keep going? :D

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble...
But...

One has ALREADY been created :(
Its up on Blizzard Maps.

Sorry :(

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
No, that's just a golf map. I realize that.
In this you design the courses.
You don't in GolfCraft.
:D
lol

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Don't really feel like giving my opinions here elmstfreddie. :p You can take a look at all your other projects I commented on. Anyways, this would be like Maze Designer, you would need to have many "oooh ahhh eeyy ohh" features (items, objects, obstacles, etc) that builders can put on the map. Just building walls is no fun! No Fun at all! xD

Elite Footmen

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Oh, of course, of course MWUHAHAHAHAHA!
lol
If I make it, think of the things I can do :D

Edit > Okay I think I will start some of the trigs. I'll have to get back to homework soon though :(

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Oh :eek:
SO its quite different :p
(slaps self silly)

Right then. I dont think i can help in anyway possible. :mad:
But Good luck anyway :D

Void

Reaction score
I guess you could have buildable "wall" units that balls bounce off of and for things like the windmills that sometimes let your ball through and sometimes dont would be a gate that by triggers opens and closes...

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Hmm I like the idea of using a gate for the windmill. But the way I'm gonna trigger it the opening and closing a gate would be purely for aesthetics. As for rebound objects, they will have to be square or circles. Any other shapes wouldn't work =/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.