Ideas for a new RPG

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I am making an RPG and I wanted to see how creative thehelper's users can get with good ideas for an RPG. All ideas are welcome, if I think I will use an idea, it goes under the Might Use list. If I use an idea, it goes under the Used list. If I like it but don't know if I want to use it or not, it goes under the Good Ideas list. Theme of my RPG is either a single player Zelda RPG, or a theme that YOU make up, either multiplayer or single (please tell me which theme it falls under). If I like your theme, it goes under the Good Themes list.

QUALIFYING IDEAS
can be either for a system that goes into the map, something special that makes the map unique, or just anything else that would go into a map. And PLEASE keep themes/ideas serious, I want the map to be suitable for all players (for the most part)

+rep for approved ideas/themes

Good Themes:
Halo

Good Ideas:

Might Use:

Used:

revudev

Reaction score
Mafia Wars
Super Smash Bros. Brawl RPG (Kinda weird)
Halo
Halo Flood Survival
Nazi Zombies

Some that come to my mind : \

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Im not predicting the futrure or anything, but if your rpg comes out in 2010, many wc3-ers might move on to SCII, and the population in wc3 might be small... just a heads up.

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
revudev: Halo theme approved. +rep added to Good Themes
it take a lot of custom models/icons for Halo

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
>Wars?
Like WWll and stuff...
Make some sorta World War ll game like call of duty or something..
>Starcraft

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
An RPG that somehow follows the storyline of the original Warcraft III, yet shows you an other aspect. One in which you play one of the necromancers of the Scourge, wreaking havoc in Lordaeron to prepare the world for the coming of the Burning Legion, for an example. As long as you get to play the baddies, most people will appreciate such a thing.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Themes:
- Left for Dead
- House of the Dead
- Manhunt
- Generally an RPG that revolves around zombies, corrupted kingdoms, undead armies and the like.

If this ain't enough I'll stuff more ideas in this post...

Gladius_Tito

Reaction score
I have several ideas:
-Customization of hero appearance, as in selecting the base model of your hero, then the attributes, and finally a skill set (individual skills are too much of a balance issue; stick with spell books or the basic 4 spell stuff)

-Attribute gain by performing certain acts, like in FF II. Attacking gets you Str, defending gets you Agi, and casting gets you Int.

-Skill Points, like GW. Increasing a skill level will increase the power of spells linked to that skill.

-It would be interesting if you have Special Combos, such as performing a certain chain of actions with your allies on enemies in rapid succession will lead to a nice looking and rewarding group attack.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How about a stamina system. Some classes use stamina instead of mana.

Stamina regenerates at a fixed rate and has a set cap. You can only get the regeneration rate increased with the addition of agility to the hero. But you can never get the cap increased. What do you think?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Idea: Make every race a different race (Sounds kinda weird but keep reading) Like Tauren are a part of the 'Tauren' race, not orc and High Elves are a part of 'High Elf' race, not Human.

Multiplayer Theme: Plague Lands Civil War. Take control of either one of Sylvanis Windrunner's Banshees or Kel'thuzads Necromancers and try to take control of the Plaguelands.

Idea: Mini-games. At random points in time or when a unit enters some region that they don't know about, start a mini game for them which will give them bonuses if they play well.

Yoshii

Reaction score
you guy are replying to a thread made in july; a few poster above you bumped a 2month old topic

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
If I ever make an rpg or orpg I think the most important thing would be having a quest system that changes depending on the quests you have completed or failed. So if you save someone in the beginning he gives you a quest later, or sells you something. Also if you form alliances or kill certain NPCs it changes the story. Mainly so the game has more replay value. Also class/race specific quests/rewards/story would be cool, assuming it is a fantasy rpg.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Theme: Deathzone
Year: 3067
Plot: A mouse has escaped a scientific research lab and has infected all other animals. The animal-plague makes the infected animals get an urge to kill.
They have killed 60 % of all humans. The last humans has build a giant wall
around the upper part of the earth to protect against the animals.
Ten soldiers armed with the newest weapons and armor has ventured into "The Deathzone". Their mission: KILL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.