Ideas Needed! (Alien Names)

Finestdeath

Reaction score
I am currently making an alien survival map and I really can't think of any other alien names. Most of the names I got are from starcraft and my imagination. Will definitely +rep if the idea is good! Mostly the aliens are armed with blades and needles. No guns of any sort so try not to give names like Alien Riflemen and what not. (Yeah something like an Insectoid race)

Names already used:
Alien Scout - Normal scouts, quite weak.
Alien Drone - Stronger then scouts, but not too good.
Alien Predator - Fast killing machines, but have very low health.
Alien Lurker - This unit is able to go invisible and has a very high dodge.
Alien Behemoth - The behemoth is extremely big and painful. However, it is also rather slow.
Alien Overlord - Has a major influence to nearby units, increasing their attack, etc. Can also call upon other weaker units.
Alien Queen - Has a major influence to nearby units. A very strong unit herself and can call upon Alien Patriarch to help her.
Alien Breeder (Tawnttoo) - Naturally very weak, but could breed alot of spawnlings if ignored.
Alien Patriarch (Tawnttoo) - A guardian of the queen, although weaker then her, has special abilities.
Alien Probe (MagnaGuard) - A mini-scout, weaker then usual scouts. Has the ability to see mines.
Alien Swarm (HydraRancher) - Very fast flying units. Although they are weak, they can get very big in terms of numbers. They last for a short while though, and have very low health.
Alien Hive (HydraRancher) - A slow-moving but strong hive. When attacked, alien swarms will appear to attack its enemy. When killed, lots of Alien Swarms will appear, though they last for a short while without the Hive.
Alien Changeling (MateoSoetsu) - Whenever this unit sees an enemey, it will attempt to replicate its DNA, getting stronger over time. Affects the alien's health, damage, attack speed, armor and movement speed. (I'm not so sure how I would go about doing that, but I will try)
Alien Metalripper (MateoSoetsu) - Small, stealthy unit that rips metal apart. Can detect mines at close range and warn enemies about it. Extremely dangerous against units covered in metal.
Alien Needler (sjakie) - These needlers have lesser health then usual ranged units, but their attack is very fast and strong.
Alien Spitter (sjakie) - These spitters have lower attack and health then most other units. However, the spitter has a very strong ability. Acid. When it comes in contact with metal, it immediately corrodes it and destroys the bond within the metal itself, reducing armor and health. When the spitter dies, acid is splashed everywhere, causing units around it to take damage over time and have their armor reduced.
Alien Brute (sjakie) - These brutes have strong attack and high health, but they lack one important thing that the other aliens have. Intellect. Unable to plan the moves well, they tend to miss their target.
Alien Crippler (hot) - The Alien Crippler uses its tentacles to grab unsuspecting enemies, causing them to land on the their backs. These causes damage to them and reduce their combat effectiveness.

Also, if the names don't seem too good, you can suggest a different name to replace it.

Edit: I decided to add in their purposes.

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Alien Breeder (could be a bit weaker but have some Alien Spawnlings following it)

Alien Warrior (sorry about the lack imagination with this one, but you know, ants have some soldiers in their colonies and this might do if Lurker isn't already something like this)

Alien Patriarch (some kind of Queen's counterpart, could be with Queen and only if Overlord isn't already something like this)

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Alien Breeder (could be a bit weaker but have some Alien Spawnlings following it)

Alien Warrior (sorry about the lack imagination with this one, but you know, ants have some soldiers in their colonies and this might do if Lurker isn't already something like this)

Alien Patriarch (some kind of Queen's counterpart, could be with Queen and only if Overlord isn't already something like this)

I like the idea of alien breeders with spawnlings following it! Also, the idea of Patriarch was nice too! +rep!

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Alien Experiment - A bunch of alien hormones injected into a crippled body (a bit like an abomination :p)

Alien Prince - Second-in-command (so if the queen dies the Prince takes over)

Alien Blaster - A large acid firing alien. (SO basically a Hydralisk)

Alien Frog - Can jump over to places etc.

Alien Swarmer - Huge extremely slow tank-like unit.

Alien Swarm - Alien which rips out of the Alien Swarmer upon death, their attack and move speed is insane, contrary to the original Swarmer.

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Alien Prober (weak defense but powerful if left to attack at will)

An alien probe seems a good idea. (Though I'm not sure where to put it in o.o) Maybe some mini scout accompanied with the other scouts I guess? +rep

Alien Experiment - A bunch of alien hormones injected into a crippled body (a bit like an abomination :p)

Alien Prince - Second-in-command (so if the queen dies the Prince takes over)

Alien Blaster - A large acid firing alien. (SO basically a Hydralisk)

Alien Frog - Can jump over to places etc.

Alien Swarmer - Huge extremely slow tank-like unit.

Alien Swarm - Alien which rips out of the Alien Swarmer upon death, their attack and move speed is insane, contrary to the original Swarmer.

I like the idea of your Alien Swarmer and Alien Swarm (Alien frog? sounds abit weird) Will definitely put it in! +rep

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
Alien Changeling - It can take the shape of other units and go unnoticed.
Alien Mindeater - Small, stealthy unit that can possess enemy infantry.
Alien Tankripper - Small, stealthy unit that infests an enemy machine damaging computer equipment. Damages the machine over time, possibly slowing its movement/attack speed.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Alien Needler - Rapidly fires weak needles at opponents.

Alien Screecher - Occasionally lets out a high-pitched noise, throwing off nearby opponents guard and accuracy.

Alien Spitter - Occasionally spits acid onto the ground, burning enemies standing on it.

Alien Underling - Small, servant-like creature that seems to serve aliens like dogs serve men. Though it is weak, it has the ability to sense and track humans.

Alien Darkling - Hides in dark places and melts with the shadows to unleash suprise attacks.

Alien Brute - Slightly more tough than regular aliens. They also seem to be a tad more violent.

Alien Stitchwork - Seems to have arms attached to it in a gruesome yet functional way. This allows it to hit up to three humans around it.

Alien Splatter - A small alien which body consists for 70% out of slime. Upon contact with a human, it explodes and coveres them in harmful, blinding slime.

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Alien Changeling - It can take the shape of other units and go unnoticed.
Alien Mindeater - Small, stealthy unit that can possess enemy infantry.
Alien Tankripper - Small, stealthy unit that infests an enemy machine damaging computer equipment. Damages the machine over time, possibly slowing its movement/attack speed.

I like them, really. Though I might have to change some of their purposes or names so that it suits the rest. +rep!

Alien Needler - Rapidly fires weak needles at opponents.

Alien Screecher - Occasionally lets out a high-pitched noise, throwing off nearby opponents guard and accuracy.

Alien Spitter - Occasionally spits acid onto the ground, burning enemies standing on it.

Alien Underling - Small, servant-like creature that seems to serve aliens like dogs serve men. Though it is weak, it has the ability to sense and track humans.

Alien Darkling - Hides in dark places and melts with the shadows to unleash suprise attacks.

Alien Brute - Slightly more tough than regular aliens. They also seem to be a tad more violent.

Alien Stitchwork - Seems to have arms attached to it in a gruesome yet functional way. This allows it to hit up to three humans around it.

Alien Splatter - A small alien which body consists for 70% out of slime. Upon contact with a human, it explodes and coveres them in harmful, blinding slime.

I really like the idea of some of your ideas! (Reminds me of L4D2 =X) +rep! Might change abit of their purposes though.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Alien Doppelganger - Slow and weak until it replicates into the form of another sentient being taking on 90% of its stats

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Alien Doppelganger - Slow and weak until it replicates into the form of another sentient being taking on 90% of its stats

Seems like a good idea. I think I will try merging its ability with Alien changeling.

Edit: And not to forget, +rep! =D

SouLEDGE

Reaction score
Maybe merging the Alien doppelganger with like an infiltrator, very very weak invisible unit but once though the enemies defenses can take the place of one of your enemies units, unable to attack their own units your enemies will wonder whats up with there whack units running around destroying their own structures:p

Finestdeath

Reaction score
I wish I could but in my map, there isn't any bases or buildings. I might consider it though, that is IF I am adding in structures.

SouLEDGE

Reaction score
Well, It doesn't have to be only structures, You could replicate your enemies Alien Overlord or whatever and take out his own Alien Queen or whatever, a suggestion this would be pretty powerful so I would make the replicated unit timed so that after say 20secs it dies
EDIT: Maybe limiting to have one at a time too, so you dont take out his whole army with replicators like I do with banshees in Melee Maps:p

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Garr..

FinestDeath, you'd only be needing them structures if the game would last real long.

Well, not really. Its more of...wait. You play Btanks before? They have this system in which, when an enemy unit comes within range of this structure, it sorts of capture it. Im using that concept in here, rather then structures.

Well, It doesn't have to be only structures, You could replicate your enemies Alien Overlord or whatever and take out his own Alien Queen or whatever, a suggestion this would be pretty powerful so I would make the replicated unit timed so that after say 20secs it dies
EDIT: Maybe limiting to have one at a time too, so you dont take out his whole army with replicators like I do with banshees in Melee Maps:p

Hmm, okay. I might consider that. Thanks for the idea too =D

SouLEDGE

Reaction score
Off topic:, FAR TOO IMBA:p, 20 banshees can turn the tides of any battle:thup:
On topic-ish: So you're doing a Nodes map, cool:D, I remeber playing one of those a while back, had me so confused with all the damn traps the guy put around his Nodes

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.