If/Then/Else - Group action - Remove unit from group - Problens

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm having a very stupid problem on using those things and I think that I'm missing something that I'll not cleary see, so I would like to have some advanced help from someone which can do it for me. :)

Ok, the triggers is based on a event of 0.03 seconds, no conditions, but the actions:

+ Pick units in GROUP and do actions:
- If all conditions are true:
Conditions: If picked unit is in GROUP
- Then do actions:
Actions: Create a dummy/ Add Cyclone ability/ Set level of Cyclone to 1 for Dummy/ Add 0.5 expiration time/ Order Dummy to Cyclone picked unit
And to the end
Remove picked unit from GROUP
- Else: Do nothing

The in game problem is that the unit is never taken out from the GROUP.
Indeed, I thought while making this trigger the following:

X is in GROUP
Dummy did cast Cyclone on X

X was removed from GROUP
X isn't in GROUP

Futher information: GROUP is every unit around 200 range of a dummy, remembering that if X was taken at 1 of the 200 range and taken again at 200 of the range it will trigger in a max of 2 times if it would, but in game it triggers for ever which should not happen, right? And even if trigger twice, the unit just got Cycloned, meaning a time invunerable(1.5 seconds, Dummy speed is 33/0.03sec)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
It would be helpful if you could post the actual triggers in [.WC3][./WC3] tags without the dots.

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It would be helpful if you could post the actual triggers in [.WC3][./WC3] tags without the dots.

I'm in a period of learning and I do many things that you and others would do way a lot more simple. Btw in a random try I got it to work, but I would like to know some tips about If/Then/Else because I've tried others things and them also didn't worked how I wanted.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
+ Pick units in GROUP and do actions:
- If all conditions are true:
- Then do actions:
Actions: Create a dummy/ Add Cyclone ability/ Set level of Cyclone to 1 for Dummy/ Add 0.5 expiration time/ Order Dummy to Cyclone picked unit
And to the end
Remove picked unit from GROUP

This is the dumbest if condition I've ever seen.

You just picked the units in GROUP, so why WOULDN'T it be in GROUP?

Do not use this. It will simply call a function, when in fact, you could simply leave that spot blank.

Also, add an expiration time of like 5 seconds. It could take longer then .5 seconds to cast.

Finally, Explain the spell in detail next time, maybe someone will be kind enough to make it for you, and make sure the dummy cyclone ability has no mana cost, no cooldown, unlimited cast range, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.