I'll make a promotional wallpaper for anyone who wants one

D

DaramothCGS

Hey everyone,

I do graphics design on the side and I've been having some fun lately making wallpapers for upcoming Warcraft custom map games. If you guys have a game you'd like a wallpaper made for let me know and I'll see what I can do. You might want to let me know what kind of wallpaper you are looking for, or at least give me an idea of what kind of game it is going to be and the name of the game and its creator. It sure would be wierd having a picture of a dragon on a game about marines... right?

Wallpapers are fun to send to your friends and put on your website to help promote your game and get them excited about it! Also, it's just cool seeing a wallpaper on your desktop that reflects what you are creating. They can be converted to splash loading screens too.

Anyhoo! Just let me know, you can see other wallpapers I've done so far at http://cgstudios.blogspot.com, I did one for the upcoming Alien Infestation for Ban-Lord, who said he liked it... so I figured, what the hey! It's fun and they turn out pretty good, why not offer it to other people as something I can do.

Current Wallpapers / Load Screens Completed
(Some thumbnails may or may not show up because of MediaFire's servers, you can still click on it to download the wallpaper):

Ban-Lord's Alien Infestation

kc102's (Fire_Dragon102's and Rikim4ru's) Halo 2 Footies

Orcses' Containment

DemonOfNightmar's, SerraAvenger's and Sooda's Battleships New Era

pheonixashes' The Ultimate Showdown
The originals, not being used for a load screen:

The one is to be used for a load screen (text box excluded for wallpaper purposes):

killbuzz's Poison Forest (of which I was an idiot and didn't update his request for a different map, lol, so uhh, this ones pretty cool but the game will probably not exist):

killbuzz's Life on a Ship

Current requests on waiting list :) If you are not on here and you requested one please let me know!
ZypHeRx - "Era of War"
waaaks! - "Barracks War"
ImmortalMatt - "Ogre Battle IV"
a j j bones - "The Epic Adventure"
Hatebreeder - "War Torn Plains"
Mmage - "Text-Battlefield" (is this right?)
Squll2 - "A Tale of Lands"
LumbeRJacK - (No Title Yet Given)
lionheadxO - "Legend"
NotTheHelper - "Command and Conquer: Isles of Change"
WindexGlow - "Ants Wars"
crazynut999 - (No Title Yet Given)
Enzym - "Micro-Arena"
savageman - "Savage Tower Defense"
1)ark Knight - "Reign of Terror"
CrazyWolf - "Path to Freedom"
Frozenhelfir - "Frozenhelfire's Fire vs Ice Arena"
ElkoDelHaxz - "Jungle Maze Arena"
Ryuu - "Expansion Checkers"
turondo - "The Second War v1.0"
nll - "Maze of Chaos: The Final Stand"
adampalicki - "DBZ Tribute Reverted v10"
SquirrelyCat - (Title Undecided)
Andersaaa12 - (No Title Yet Given) - Minimap

If you are going to make a request (from now on) please include the following:
The Title of the Map
The Creator(s) of the Map
An idea of what you are looking for
Any other text / text boxes / information you'd like to see included

Any links for pictures you would like on it would help greatly as well, try to keep them high resolutions :). Thanks for your requests! Just please be patient, I take my time for each project because I know how important they are to people.

DaramothCGS
ChamberLand Gaming Studios
Currently in Development: Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen for Warcraft III
Give Feedback and DL Wallpapers at: http://cgstudios.blogspot.com

M

mikke95

OMG!! I like them very much :D hehe maybe in my next project can you help me making a loading screen..? :D

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Is that picture made from 0 ? Or did you cut different pictures together ?
We (Me, SerraAvenegr and DemonOfNight) have going on Battle Ships Xtrm project, if we could have custom made battleship loading screen it would be nice. It should be very similar to Blizzard made consept art. Somewhere written with Blizzard World of Warcraft font style "BattleShips Xtrm" (Without "").
I planed it for full version with all exported models and so on. It could be in full scale (Covering all the loading screen.). There is one idea more - only one small BattleShip on centre of loading screen and under it or upper written "BattleShips Xtrm" (Without "") on totally black background (In hope it would reduce map size.). It' s MUST that you get credits if we use your picture(s).
If you are good at doing consept art or pictures with PC programs you could do us one.
I' m looking for artist, maybe I should seek some of them from our Graphic Forum or directly look help from deviantArt.org ?

EDIT: Yes, it looks very good. If you did it from 0 you are really talented artist.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Uhm, if your doing Loading Screens I could use an awesome Halo 2 one.
Text would prefablly be "Halo 2 Footies -Rebalanced-"

O

Orcses

I have Archimonde as my main evil bad guy. If you could make him have like fire looking eyes and make a cool background behind him that would be o so sweet:shades: There is a campaign version of archimonde where he looks like he is on fire allready and he's a lot bigger too. You could text near the bottom saying *Don't let him out!!*. Cause the whole point of the game is trying to keep him locked up:D O and put your name on it somewhere of course and mine would be good too where ever

D

DaramothCGS

Alrighty! Woo! We got requests, one minute, I'll do them in order by which they were asked :)

Sooda - I wish I had done them all from nothing! lol, the MSF2 wallpapers are using starcraft 1 images that I very much made look better than the originals, then I cut them into widescreen format and used proper colorization to get the text looking normal. I have the blizzard creds on the lower left corner for the original images. Also, the Alien Infestation turned out pretty well, I started with just a picture of space, which also is credited to the proper location in the bottom left.

As for load screens, I'll get right on doing research, if I remember correctly, it must be converted after completion to a 500 x 500, which tends to skew text when imported as the load screen. I will play around with this to see if I can dodge it. It may be best to have the actual text written by the World Editor load screen itself instead of imbedded in the image. I'll see if I can get something together though :). Unless someone knows a work around to this off the top of their head.

Also, are the battle ships the same as battle cruisers? :)

kc102 - I'll get working on a Halo 2 one :) That shouldn't be much of a problem, see above though for load screens as for imbedding text, I need to play around with this a bit to make sure it doesn't look sloppy when imported.

Orcses - I'll try to find that archimonde picture your looking for and see what I can do :)

I'll be getting back to you guys and will publish it on this page whenever I get it done. Hopefully they turn out well!

DaramothCGS
Currently in Development: Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen for Warcraft III

Prometheus

Reaction score
Alrighty! kc102 - I'll get working on a Halo 2 one :) That shouldn't be much of a problem, see above though for load screens as for imbedding text, I need to play around with this a bit to make sure it doesn't look sloppy when imported.

Dont' resize please ^^

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Awesome?

Anyway, mine:

Text:

The Ultimate Showdown, perhaps in the upper middle.
of Ultimate Destiny!, at the bottom parallel and equidistant from The Ultimate Showdown.

Graphics:
Gigantic Pre-First Battle Clash between some of these characters: (Like the Default Credits Loading Screen, Orcs vs. Humans)

-Abraham Lincoln (In the background, like a shadow)
-R2-D2 (Flying towards battleground)
-Mario (Classic Mario Jump)
-Godzilla (Moving towards center)
-Gandalf the Grey (In the background, like a shadow)
-Sonic (Running towards Mario opposite direction)
-Mr. Rogers in the middle, standing.
-Shaq, getting ready for a slam dunk
-Care Bear, either of the sides.
-Jackie Chan, flying kick.
-Optimus Prime, wherever.

Thanks in advance.

+rep if finished.

It'll be sorta hard finding some of those characters :eek:

D

DaramothCGS

kc102,

I think I got you covered, let me know what you think though... I could always use a different backdrop image. This one turned out pretty sweet though.

If you need anything changed let me know.

The first is 800 x 600 and the second 1024 x 768.

I'll publish them on our primary site later (maybe tomorrow) otherwise the thumbnails will bring you to the download. Enjoy!

The Ultimate Showdown, heck yeah, thats one I'm definitely looking forward too, you're going to have to give me some time to get that all together :) Sounds like fun.

DaramothCGS

killbuzz

Reaction score
wow that last one looks awsome i could use one with a forest (felwood) as the backround and the tauren chieftan in front maybe with a tauren or 2 with him thx in advance :D

Edit: srry fergot to say the name: "Poison Forest" and could u make it bright green?

Prometheus

Reaction score
Okay
Rebalanced text is terrible :D
its not kc102 presents
its
Fire_Dragon102 & Rikim4ru Presents
And could you remove that "A Warcraft III Creation"
:D
Thanks!

Edit: Could you screw with the Halo 2 Footies text a bit more? :D

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Can you help me too ?? I'll need just a random loading screen for my map .. which shows characters from WC3 in battle or something ..

Details:
Night Elf and Human on the left , Undead and Orc on the right .
(2 heroes for each race)
At the top , make a heading called Era of War. Preferbly sightly faded in blue.
The background color .. i dont know .. maybe something which suits it ? xD
Make the heroes have a fierce look though .

Thanks~ I'll rep you if its done. :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
wow really really cool, +rep, maybe ill suggesting one!
i suggest a wallpaper and a minimap image for my project Barracks War, dont put any versions, i need only an image that fits for my project, and also a minimap image, just put the title Barracks War, and it is your choice on what kind of image you want to fit in my project

here see for your self Barracks War...

thanks...

I

ImmortalMatt

wow shocked

Your images are sick, I'm hoping to complete a map I've dreamed about for years and only recently been putting in hours and hours to pump out a beta for my clan to test before adding in tons more content for a public release.
It's based on OgreBattle64 which is one of my all time most favorite games. If you had time a loading screen would greatly inspire and incourage a beautiful and more professional map. Take a look at these http://www.zvuki.ru/photo/b/8171/picture.jpg
http://www.jasonvincion.com/gamefrenzy/n64ogrebat01.jpg
Something like either of those only remade/remixed better and brighter would be sweet. Include The game name "Ogre Battle IV" (omitt the person of lordly caliber, my map will follow the story but will be original), my name ImmortalMatt, your name because credit is due ten fold.

Ok, like I said if you have time it would be great, I saw a lot of other people requesting and mine is certainly no more important than anyone elses.

D

DaramothCGS

Total Sweetness

Man,

This one turned out better than I thought it would :). Anyhoo, let me know if you want the color back, but I think the B & W totally creates some dramatic effect. I have this one on my desktop right now haha.

Again, the first is 800 x 600 and the second 1024 x 768 I have to update them still on our website. As for everyone elses, I will totally get working on them! I'm excited to see how they turn out (and yes, I have fun doing this.) BTW, OGRE BATTLE BABY! haha

I'll be doing them in order by which they were requested, I still need to know if they were battle cruisers Sooda.

DaramothCGS

WorpeX

Reaction score
Holy shit. I was pretty skeptical at first when I opened this tread, but when I saw your wallpapers I have to say im VERY impressed. I do a bit of graphic design myself, but nothing that even matches that. Keep up the good work!

Prometheus

Reaction score
Okay, definitely better with color ^^
The Halo 2 Footies on one line was better and I don't know what program your using but if its PS, could you throw an effect or 2 on the -Rebalanced-?
And could you make a box at the bottom right for text and give me the finished file as a .psd if your using PS?
(+8 rep and any map help you need for doing this![cept' for terrain])

D

DaramothCGS

kc102,

How about this? I'd recommend against putting Halo 2 footies all on one line, it will throw it all off balance (I've tried), unless you want me to drop the Halo 2 logo all together and go back to text, the logo will make it look more authentic though.

Now I've added just about every effect to the Rebalanced I have in stock, lol.

DaramothCGS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.