I'll make a promotional wallpaper for anyone who wants one

D

DaramothCGS

k102,

It will be in the tutorial :)

Sooda,

I have a working concept for you! I don't know if this is what you were looking for or if I am way off base! lol, let me know, I'll keep this one for myself if you dont think it will work out for you. :)

As usual, 800 x 600 on left and 1024 x 768 on right. Let me know if theres any changes you might want made!

Also, let me know what your goal file size is please.

Thanks!

DaramothCGS
ChamberLand Gaming Studios
Currently in Development: Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen for Warcraft III
Give Feedback and DL Wallpapers at: http://cgstudios.blogspot.com

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I need the .psd cause I'm going to add text in there =/

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
:eek: Wow, i must say that you Wallpapers, and Skills are very amazing.
A Tutorial would be very cool, but i guess some are desperately waiting on their requests :rolleyes:

D

DaramothCGS

Orcses,

I wasn't sure what the title of your's was. But I created a cool little "legend" description of what I thought you might be going for and put it on this wallpaper to add to the effect. It turned out pretty sweet, let me know about the changes you want made though, I made alot of assumptions.

The left is 800 x 600 and the right is 1024 x 768.

Hope to hear from ya!

DaramothCGS
Currently in Development: Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen for Warcraft III

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Sooda, I have a working concept for you! I don't know if this is what you were looking for or if I am way off base!

I thought you have forgotten me, anyway it sure is something good. Totally different from my consept but who cares it has emotion in it ! Ruff sea with that era ship sinking, details makes you look it more.
You have done already alot for me and I thank you for that but I' m one of creators of that map. Sorry for not telling it before to you.
Project leader is DemonOfNight, Main JASSer is Sooda and SierraAvenger. 3 guys doing everything what needs to do.
The font of text should/ could be something fancy with ilustrations. Something what fits with that picture more. There is no need for gray background for text.
That was very good idea to use for "Xtrm" part different color so keep it (Different color idea.) Look what you think is good.

> Also, let me know what your goal file size is please.

For actual map loading screen it should be as low as it can be while keeping overall nice look. Best would be one with reduced file size and another with max quality. Sorry for my crapy english.
That was good too that you did everything other way around from original consept, like when you are given a task inside a box, while you are doing that task you go outside the box with your creativity, that shows you are a true artist.

NotTheHelper

Yeah, its under your bed.
Reaction score
I would like to ask for a cusotm loading screen..The map is a Labyrnith type map, 4 heroes, that are on a quest for the treasure. Creator of map is Oblivion.IV which is my wc name and my TH name NotTheHelper, also Rep7a is working on it with me so hes like a my partner on this map.

ill give u +rep and btw thank u very much all ur other ones r freaking awsome!

O

Orcses

Abslolutely amazing thanks so much I love it!! hmm..I wasn't able to read the description but if it goes better with the title "Don't let him out" then use that cause their both good! If you don't change the name then I'ts good like it is thanks man +rep!
Edit: LOL OMG it's a poem how cool is that!! nice nice nice :D You can keep it the same title unless you've allready changed it:p

D

DemonOfNight

for sooda thing, i am the project leader, so just change the name of the (battle ship extrm) to (Battleships New Era) and add this to replace (sooda presents) by (DemonOfNightmar, the creator and SerraAvanger plus Sooda, the 2 co-creator presents: Battleships New Era) this will be perfect!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> Sooda, I have a working concept for you! I don't know if this is what you were looking for or if I am way off base!

I thought you have forgotten me, anyway it sure is something good. Totally different from my consept but who cares it has emotion in it ! Ruff sea with that era ship sinking, details makes you look it more.
You have done already alot for me and I thank you for that but I' m one of creators of that map. Sorry for not telling it before to you.
Project leader is DemonOfNight, Main JASSer is Sooda and SierraAvenger. 3 guys doing everything what needs to do.
The font of text should/ could be something fancy with ilustrations. Something what fits with that picture more. There is no need for gray background for text.
That was very good idea to use for "Xtrm" part different color so keep it (Different color idea.) Look what you think is good.

> Also, let me know what your goal file size is please.

For actual map loading screen it should be as low as it can be while keeping overall nice look. Best would be one with reduced file size and another with max quality. Sorry for my crapy english.
That was good too that you did everything other way around from original consept, like when you are given a task inside a box, while you are doing that task you go outside the box with your creativity, that shows you are a true artist.

Its SERRAvenger, not sIerra!
RAHHH:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sierra are the mountains!
Serra is an angelic force!
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Many ppl doing that mistake, but not for long - hehe *loads his pumpgun* xD

And ty vm! it's genial!
I made it my background on my pc xD

Edit:
Code:
or sooda thing, i am the project leader, so just change the name of the (battle ship extrm) to (Battleships New Era) and add this to replace (sooda presents) by (DemonOfNightmar, the creator and SerraAvanger plus Sooda, the 2 co-creator presents: Battleships New Era) this will be perfect!

Make it so:
Battleships - A new Era
And make
"DemonOfNightmar "headmanager", SerraAvenger ( mapper and triggerer ) and Sooda( master of too many i's in SerraAvenger, 1 i is on too much!) present....."

just joking^^
use

"DemonOfNightmar " headmanager ( all of it, a bit ) ", SerraAvenger " maps , triggers and items " and Sooda " main triggerer " present....."

If you could make it so, i will +re you again as soon as i can^^

D

DaramothCGS

lol,

Alright alright, I think I got this all figured out. haha, make up your mind people! :). Anyhoo, check them out at let me know what you think.

I like this one, it's very melancholy and aggressive.

Orcses,

I just wanted to let you know, the description in the background is the exact same as the poem :) So you're not missing out on anything, the faint text overlay is for design appeal and gives it more of a poetic artistic feel.

Also, I removed the n't from Don't because in design it is recommended you do not use shortened words, it tends to make it visually less appealing. I can change this back if you so desire :). Just let me know!

Ultimate Showdown is next, I have a great idea for this one I am excited about!

DaramothCGS

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
this, my friend, is GENIAL^^
I'll +rep you again asap^^
Or could a moderator do this for me? +10 rep is better than +1 :)
and write a posititve feedback on your page, if possible.
(even if it might be that sooda is a bit agressive now, he did main triggering, i did part triggering^^, if you're dead 2mrw, we now why... ;) )

Greetings and keep uup your good work, SerraAvenger^^

(yahoo 400th post^^)

And don't underestimate reputation, listen to Eric S. Raymond:
Like most cultures without a money economy, hackerdom runs on reputation. You're trying to solve interesting problems, but how interesting they are, and whether your solutions are really good, is something that only your technical peers or superiors are normally equipped to judge.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Oh, and under the title, can you put -Created by PheonixAshes-?

And I'd like the textbox to be fairly big in the middle.

Preferred file size... under 1 mb, preferrably less than 400 kb. But I dunno much about loading screens.

WindexGlow

Reaction score
If possible and you have the time;

Could you create a wallpaper (able to fit a loading screen, 800 x 600, not too large in memory size)

What is about: The wall paper would be for an ant colony style of game.
There are no rivers (though there is a dry creek)
There are no trees
There is alot of shrubbery (grass, weeds, flowers, ect)
Ants are scaled to realistically match their surroundings

You have full freedom on what you want to do with it, though it should look realistic.
If you need more information on how to do it, just PM me.

Game Name: Ants Wars (not a grammar mistake)
Creator: WindexGlow
Helpers: Several Old Nude People
Creator of wallpaper: Yourself

C

crazynut999

im making a zombie sheep TD for Warcraft III... i would like to have mabey a gothic type wallpaper with zombie type sheep and a graveyard... as much gore as you like. but keep it simple thx

P.S. anything will do so dont go to overboard

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> I like this one, it's very melancholy and aggressive.

It' s very good, we could argue weeks about who did what to map. We can add aditional info to quests (info anyway.). That isn' t problem right now, thanks for your perfect wallpaper/ loading screen for us.

D

DaramothCGS

Orcses,

I updated your screen with the latest title :) Enjoy!

Also, I'm sorry guys if sometimes these thumbnails dont show up. Mediafire is a new hosting website and they have trouble maintaining their servers... lol. I love their layout though. Anyhoo, everyone who has made requests has been added to a list at the beginning of the thread.

DaramothCGS

D

DaramothCGS

:) Yes, the list is on the initial post of this thread. You were right on there, hehe.

DaramothCGS

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
wow you really want to have a sig. but sadly people that has 500 reps or more can only have sigs, and 100 reps or more can edit the text under your name, but dont worry, ill help you to reach 500 (because you are worthy enough to be a special member[100 reps or above])

+rep :)
EDIT: i must spread some reps before i can rep you awww :(

D

DaramothCGS

Nah,

I just really enjoy graphics design and I am glad people enjoy my work. It's a win-win situation, people get a cool graphic for projects they are working hard on (I know how hard map design can be) and I get to help contribute by doing something I love to do.

I'm still working on that tutorial too so people can learn how to do some stuff and maybe plug away at it and make some wallpapers themselves. I actually didn't really understand what rep was for until I started this thread lol.

DaramothCGS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.