Imported Icon Issue

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
:confused: - Well, as the smilie implies, I've got a wee question for y'all.

I've recently taken the time to learn how to make my own icons for the editor, using the thehelper.net tutorial. I'ts a very good tutorial and it takes up several faq and common problems. However, the tutorial offers no help with the one thing I'm having trouble with.
When you, ingame, want to lift an item out of your inventory and sell it, place it on the ground, give it away, or the like; the icon gets slightly smaller and follows the ingame cursor.
Well, my item is just a white square after I lift it. This didn't suprise me much, since I haven't imported any smaller replica of my image for the item. But my problem is that I can't seem to get around it :)banghead:) since I don't know what to name the custom path of the imported image to connect the smaller image to the image I use for the item.
I've had no or little problems with making the icons active/passive, and even making icons inactive (like when the game is paused) was fairly easy with the help of the tutorial. It's just that frikkin smaller version I need help with.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!
//Mr. New-to-these-forums-but-not-to-the-editor ;)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I have never encountered trouble like this, and you don't need to import any smaller version, the engine (the game) will resize it.

I recommend you to re-import it. If you made the icon yourself, re-make it. By the way, what's the format of the icon? Did you follow the rules about Alpha Channels? Double check your importing steps.

Advena

Reaction score
Well, yes. I followed the rules for alpha channels and all that.
My images are saved in targa (.tga) format without alpha channels. I've also been careful to save all images in 24-bit and not 16/32 bits.

And the tutorial says that if I don't follow the rules about alpha channels the game should crash, not fail to display my icon.

Think I should re-save them as blp's? Could that make any diffrence? :(

Advena

Reaction score
As embarrassing as I might look for doing it, I just have to bump my thread.
I can't believe there isn't an easy way to find out why this isn't working for me.

*hopefull* :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.