Increasing HP of Building Per Respawn

crazyperson

Reaction score
I have a building in my game call "Supplier." Players are suppose to kill it for gold. I want the building to increase by 5,000 HP each time it respawns.

I know you are suppose to use a variable, but I never used variable before and it never makes sense to me when I do add one to the map (Need step by step if possible).

Thanks guys! <3

Baby-Bever

Cool Member
Reaction score
I would create an upgrade which increases the Suppliers health by 5000 per upgrade. Then, everytime it's destroyed, set the level of the upgrade to current level + 1.

Baby-Bever

Cool Member
Reaction score
The upgrade is created in the object editor, in the tab to the far right. Set "Data - Effect 1" to "Hit Point Bonus" and enter the amount you want it to increases with next. I called my upgrade "Health". Create enough levels on the upgrade. I don't know how many times it's going to be used, so I leave that up to you to decide... The default max is 100, but shift-clicking the field you can easily surpass this amount.

Be sure to add to the "Supplier" that it makes use of the upgrade that you have created ("Techtree - Upgrades Used:")

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Supplier
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Health to ((Current research level of Health for (Owner of (Dying unit))) + 1) for (Owner of (Dying unit))

Something like that ought to work! Good Luck :)

canons200

Reaction score
i assure you know the basic of trigger,
event, a unit dies
conditon, (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to your building
action, Player - Set the current research level of (your upgrade) to (current research level of (your upgrade)+1} for (Owner of (triggering))
then you respawn your building.

crazyperson

Reaction score
Thanks man! I will let you know if it works - I'm going to need probably more than 100, but what if they pass 100 and you don't have 101? Does it not upgrade?

crazyperson

Reaction score
I'm stuck on this part:

Player - Set the current research level of Health to ((Current research level of Health for (Owner of (Dying unit))) + 1) for (Owner of (Dying unit))

I can't do the +1.

I have the following:
Player - Set the current research level of Health to (Current research level of Health for (Owner of (Dying unit))) for (Owner of (Dying unit))

Baby-Bever

Cool Member
Reaction score
Use the "Arithimetic" first, which will give you "Value + 1" press the red Value, and there add the research thingy which you found already ;)

Baby-Bever

Cool Member
Reaction score
uhh, no.

When you first click the action : "Set Current Research Level" you get the following line:

Set current research level for Tech to 0 for Player 1 (Red)

(those marked with bold text are the ones you can change in someway.)

The tech one you already figured out, click it, and then choose your upgrade.

for the second one, press it, and in the dropdown menu, choose "Arithmetic".

crazyperson

Reaction score
I have an problem with an upgrade which is shared by two towers, but it only works for one of the towers. One of them is piercing (working) and the other is chaos damage (not working), is the attack type affecting it?

crazyperson

Reaction score
I got it to work, the number just didn't show up but the attacks just increases. The trigger for the increasing the hp of building doesn't work. When I kill the building and it comes back, its the same hp.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I got it to work, the number just didn't show up but the attacks just increases. The trigger for the increasing the hp of building doesn't work. When I kill the building and it comes back, its the same hp.

Did you give the building the health upgrade under its upgrade used section?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.