Ininterruptible Channel spell

Zhardin

Reaction score
How would I make 'Channel' uninterruptible?

I need the unit to remain vulnerable, because the objective is to protect this unit until the spell finishes. It really disrupts the atmosphere if this unit is interrupted.

canons200

Reaction score
yes, Magic Immune will immune the spell. But you channeling spell is still possible stopped by some passive skill such as bash, and ensnare.

you can try alternative method such as shorten the duration, use dummy to cast and teamwork!!! ask someone be the bait so you will have sifficient time to cast the spell.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Maybe u can try doing it manually, something like when the unit casts a spell, pause it and let's say, 5 seconds later, create a dummy unit and cast the spell.

CAPSLOCKFTW

Reaction score
-Event
Unit starts channeling a spell
-Condition
Event response - Channeling spell equal to "ChuckNorris"
-Action
Set Temp_Channel = Channeling Unit
Pause (Channeling Unit) For 5 seconds
(don't remember this part) Order casting unit to do (Channel) animation
turn on trigger "ChuckChannel"
wait 5 seconds
Create 1 (dummy) for (triggering player) at location of (casting unit)
Add an expiration timer of 1 to (Last Created Unit)
Order (Last created unit) to Stomp
Turn off trigger "ChuckChannel"
Unpause (Channeling Unit)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Channel)

Next trigger is disabled at begginning. (Its the ChuckChannel trigger)
-Event
Every 1 seconds
-Conditions
-Actions
Order Temp_Channel to do (Channel) animation.

Temp_Channel is unit variable (don't know if custom script will work)
It currently leaks so if you want to use this and don't know how to fix leaks then notify me and I'll fix it, else I will maybe not notice that u have written a reply. Or ask someone else do to it:D

Can't use my editor right now so I hope this works. If the ChuckChannel makes the units animation to look weird it can also be activated when someone attacks the channeling unit.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Pausing a unit is buggy. It solve this make another trigger so when the triggering unit gets an order to stop the dummy and unpause him.
Also rather use triggering unit and not channeling unit.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
yes, Magic Immune will immune the spell. But you channeling spell is still possible stopped by some passive skill such as bash, and ensnare.

you can try alternative method such as shorten the duration, use dummy to cast and teamwork!!! ask someone be the bait so you will have sifficient time to cast the spell.

Dang i forgot about bash, but im sure that bash doesn't hit immune. :(

Zhardin

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the help!

I gave him Spell Immunity, and that's already a giant step forward. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

He's now only rarely interrupted. Now if I can just stop stuff like Bash/Ensnare/etc., that'll finish the job. Perhaps I could give him a unit type that's not compatible with Bash/Ensnare/etc., but still vulnerable to normal attacks?

I should also mention that the players have no control over the unit. It's kind of a 'protect the vulnerable ally' sort of map.

eclypt

Reaction score
LoL! just make a dummy to cast this spell. and then put a unit closer to this dummy and play it Spell Animation, and now, if the Bash "stun" him, the spell will not stop, cause it's a dummy who is casting it...

canons200

Reaction score
LoL! just make a dummy to cast this spell. and then put a unit closer to this dummy and play it Spell Animation, and now, if the Bash "stun" him, the spell will not stop, cause it's a dummy who is casting it...

this can be abuse, what i mean is that, simple use the spell and then quickly follow another action, such as move, attack. Because the dummy will cast for you for the remaining time.

in order to make the unit look-like-is-still-channeling-the-spell, i suggest that using some thing that will stop triggering unit himself action, such as pause, stun, or other similar ability, and order the dummy to cast the spell on enemy
So in overall, if you cast the spell, your unit is sealing or disable for the period, but your dummy will continue casting the spell. After the period is over, unseal your unit.

i think this should be the close result.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Why do you need to use a channel spell? Could you not just simply run a timer and check if the unit is still alive when the timer runs out?

CAPSLOCKFTW

Reaction score
Don't know if this is possible:
Change the dummy units model to the same that the channeling hero has.
Make dummy unit flying so he wont appear beside the hero
Create it at the point of channeling hero and do the dummys channel animation
Change the heroes model to NONE so he can't be seen and then pause him
Other units will still attack the hero but when bash is applied the channeling wont stop cause its timed by trigger and animation is done by dummy.

Potatisbil

Reaction score
How about making your unit into a building instead? If he's supposed to be stationary, that is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.