Integer Problem

Happysmiley

Reaction score
I've made a healing ability which is based on channel, with a loop from 1 to 2 creating dummy units which cast the real spell (based on acid bomb) - Well I think you can figure most out just by reading the code:

Trigger:
  • Penance
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PenanceUnit = (Casting unit)
      • Set PenanceUnitTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Penance
          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for PenanceUnit) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 2, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set PenanceFloat = ((Integer((Random real number between 25.00 and 32.00))) + ((Intelligence of PenanceUnit (Include bonuses)) x (Integer(0.70))))
              • Set PenanceFloat1 = ((Integer((Random real number between 25.00 and 32.00))) + ((Intelligence of PenanceUnit (Include bonuses)) x (Integer(20.00))))
              • Unit - Create 1 Penance Dummy for (Owner of PenanceUnit) at Point1 facing (Position of PenanceUnitTarget)
              • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add PenanceDummy to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb PenanceUnitTarget
              • Unit - Set life of PenanceUnitTarget to ((Life of PenanceUnitTarget) + (Real(PenanceFloat)))
              • Unit - Kill (Last created unit)
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(PenanceFloat)) at (Position of PenanceUnitTarget) with Z offset 170.00, using font size 12.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 90.00 towards 90.00 degrees
              • Wait 0.80 seconds
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

My problem is this: The "+ ((Intelligence of PenanceUnit (Include bonuses)) x (Integer(3.00))))" part of the integer value doesn't seem to count, since when I test it in my map, neither the floating text shows more than 25-32 nor the units health (Yes, the unit has enough intelligence for it to be noticable). A strange thing though, when I increase the x (Integer(0.70)) to 20 instead, the first floating text shows 190 as it should but the second only between 25-32...

I'm am really confused here, so I though I might state my problem here on this forum where people know a lot more than me :)

Thanks on behalf

Happysmiley

Reaction score
The "+ ((Intelligence of PenanceUnit (Include bonuses)) x (Integer(3.00))))" part of the integer value doesn't seem to count, since when I test it in my map

Ops, it should be 0.70, just copied the code from ME right after testing with 3.00 and forgot to change it here :p

I'll try with real, brb

No effect :(, first heal 56, second 29 (should have both been around 56)

EDIT: FIXED! I think my loop screwed the variable, probably because it was called twice. What I did was use the second variable, removed the loop and set the second dummy's spell to call PenanceFloat1 instead.

EDIT: Second problem solved also, as you might have said, an integer number is rounded down, and since I set a conversion from real to integer (0.7) WE rounded it down to zero, giving no effect. nice :)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Suggestions:
  • Use Custom Variable Loop (not Integer A or B). It works better with waits.
  • Use Starts the effect of an ability. Your current event does not contain 'Target unit ability being cast' event response.
  • 'Ability being cast Equal...' is best put at the primary condition. Otherwise you may face problems.
  • 'Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)' should be place outside the loop. Not within the loop. Just use your imagination why it cannot be inside. Point1 seems quite useless since you didn't really use it.
  • Remove 'Kill (Last created unit)' for obvious reason. It defeats the purpose of you adding the expiration timer.

I guess that's all.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's abit unpolished :) I just wanted it to work before I started refining it since I've spent a few days with it.

Set PenanceUnitTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast) is my 'Target unit of ability being cast' btw

Oh, and I forgot to say I already deleted the loop since it messed up my dummies ^^

Thanks though for pointing those things out, I'll get to work right away.

+Rep

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Sorry for being too lazy to read the whole thread but,
Integer(0.70) returns 0.
Integer(Number) simply cuts off the decimal part.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
^ Keep it as a real so it gets multiplied by 0.7 and then in the END convert it to Integer to knock off the decimal point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.