Intel: 800MHz FSB

H

Hardware Junkie

L

LH0361

Please can you help me

Hi there. When i turn on my computer a mesage saying 'A required c\windows\system\crtdll.dll was not found'. Also the sound is not working and the sims is not working. Please could someone give me some imformation on what to do to fix this problem.

H

Hardware Junkie

Re: Please can you help me

Originally posted by LH0361
Hi there. When i turn on my computer a mesage saying 'A required c\windows\system\crtdll.dll was not found'. Also the sound is not working and the sims is not working. Please could someone give me some imformation on what to do to fix this problem.

Witch operating system do you work with? Windows 98?
If it's Windows 98 and if the DLL is missing, download it and copy it to your windows system folder.
http://www.dictacomm.com/Win_Dll/98_1st/cfiles/crtdllzip_download.htm
Use Winzip to extract crtdll.dll
Otherwise; try to locate this file on your Windows installation cd.
You would have to search for a keyword/text and not for a file because this file (crtdll.dll) is located in another file, a Windows CAB-file.

Do you have no sound at all, or just in some games?
What goes wrong with the SIMS?

P

ping

Sound problems

Have just come across this site & logged in because I have a sound problem & hope someone can help. I was getting the same error message as someone previous "the required dll file was not found" ie c:\windows\system\crtdll.dll I downloaded & installed as suggested, this got rid of the error message but still have no sound (with 98se)

Thanks

Ping

H

Hardware Junkie

Re: Sound problems

Originally posted by ping
Have just come across this site & logged in because I have a sound problem & hope someone can help. I was getting the same error message as someone previous "the required dll file was not found" ie c:\windows\system\crtdll.dll I downloaded & installed as suggested, this got rid of the error message but still have no sound (with 98se)

Thanks

Ping

Most of the time it's a driver problem, try to uninstall the soundcard and then you should use win9x drivers and not WDM drivers. Most cases even win95 drivers should work.

If windows still detects your soundcard after a reboot, you'll have to delete the INF file that's located in C:\WINDOWS\INF that contains information about your soundcard. Find this file with the search option in Windows and you'll have to search for a keyword and not for a file. Your keyword should be the name of your soundcard. Delete only the .INF file containing that information, nothing more! After deleting this file you'll have to delete the soundcard with the device manager. Reboot and install the win9x drivers.

U

Unregistered

Re: Please can you help me

Originally posted by LH0361

U

Unregistered

dll

i can't find dll either i found something but you have to pay $ whos gonna do that?

L

lubajane

how can i turn my sound on i checked all my places for sound

i recently formated my computer evrything went fine my computer is working fine but no sound ive checked everwhere and it says it is working but it isnt it worked before i formated went back in my bios and it says sound is on please help me find my sound again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.