Internet Problems

illidan92

Reaction score
For some reason 50% of the websites I try to go to say "the connection has timed out" yadda yadda. I try to connect to battle.net and after like 10 minutes of it attempting to connect it says that one message "unable to connect to battle.net if ur using a modem, try connecting manually". Xfire is not working and when I try to get the server list on CS: Source it says "Unable to connect to master server". I can't even freaking update Ad-Aware. It's pissing me off so bad. What the heck is going on!?

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
First and formost, watch your language. If you go to far with it your post will just be deleted.

My initial thought. Your firewall. Create some exceptions or turn it off and see what happens.

illidan92

Reaction score
I don't know why firewall is all the sudden becoming a problem. Everything was running totally fine until now.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
It's quite possible that if you got an update to one of the programs, or to your firewall, that some of the exceptions were "voided" you could say.

Also, check your router to see if somethings blocking it on that.

From your last post, I couldn't tell whether or not you had exceptions before. If you didn't then make them now, because, as I said above, your firewall could have updated.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
ummm..... are you downloading? or some one else in your network? if you have a network?my guess. theres something eating at your resources.

you know like
LIMEWIRE
BITTORRENT
BITCOMMET
BITLORD
KAZZA
ARES

i find that just having these programs running can take your resources.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
hobo218 said:
No it actually isn't.
As for eating up bandwidth, BitTorrent is in my opinion.

i agree. but theres soo much more stuff out there for nbittorrent.

though i do not use it for any piracy or any other illiget things. :p ;)

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Bittorend is a bandwidth killer.
Limewire is a memory killer.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Do you have wireless router? If you have, that can be the problem that it's too far away or that something is blocking the signals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.