IPs and Ports

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Since this is no longer really a technical problem as that was solved i have decided to move this topic from the tech support section to here since it really doesnt truly fit under either, ive decided to put it in the one with the most active members.

Now that my crashes are fixed thanks to blizzard support i am still unable to either configure my ports correctly or something along those lines. I know my IP address i see under Options>Gameplay that the port says 6112, i go to System preferences>sharing>Firewall Which by the way says that it is off not running, but anyways i go to create and at the bottom of a bunch of options CVS, IRC and so on i click 'other' so then the screen pops up to create
Other
TCP:
UDP:
Description:

now i am imput
Hosting
go online to host and nothing :( this is critical for me to test maps if i cannot host and i do not want to put an unprotected map onto a bot so it is slightly relevant to this section for me hosting to make my maps which is the only reason i want to host.

Is there something im doing wrong or missing, between the world edit tutorial and a mac guide version i googled this is what needed to be done.

++rep all day long for helping me fix this.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
So, you've figured out that battle.net uses port 6112, good.
You have checked your firewall settings at your PC, which was disabled, ok.

Now you need to check your routers settings.

Startmenu -> Run (hotkey: windows button + R) -> type in "cmd", hit enter
In the command window write "ipconfig", hit enter.
See the default gateway address (a bunch of number looking like this: 123.123.21.2)? Good!

Take this address and write it as a URL in any web browser (internet explorer, firefox, opera, flock...). URL I say? Yes, instead of writing "www.thehelper.net" you simply write the address of the default gateway.

A username and a password is required? Then we need to know what kind of router you have...3COM? DLINK? Belkin?.... Or from here, google should solve:
"router name + port opening"

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
would be easier if you wrote it for mac, you can't simply go do like that but im not an idiot i know what my ip is and where it is.
could i not go into my roomates room and check the router and look for a brand name on it?
you want me to type in my ip as a url to get to my router to forward a port, never saw that before.
yes i see the website that shows you how to port for every single router in the tutorial. looks good so far except what username and password do i need. DO i need my roommates DSL account/password or is simply the admin username password, ie his name/password whatever it may be.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Usually its something simple like:

username: admin
password: (none)

Idk where you are getting your information from, but portforward has worked for me several times. It has every step you need from the beginning to the end, so you shouldn't have any questions if you carefully follow it step-by-step. I recommend all my friends to go there. ManyTimes was on the right track and explained part of the solution well.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
this second im looking up to see what model the router is, according to that once i get that and click on the appropriate link it should be easy to get it done. i guess my main concern is what happens if i portforward 6112 and it doesn't work. Getting ahead of myself ill let you know if that happens of course cause then that would be really weird, and knowing my luck it will probably happen.

Edit . . .
Firewall settings --> Password.... i entire my roomates password to his computer incorrect, i go to his room and got the little SBC global card with a dozen or so numbers starting with a dollar sign and enter that password and its incorrect, what password is it asking for, just says password no details at all. kind of hard to type in 50 passwords when it wont tell you which.
ill just wait for him to get back in a few days to ask for it i guess, the rest is simple instructions so no help needed there.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Bump, dont know if you can bump simply because it went out of the initial page.

Edit: When i go to configure ports to allow hosting from my computer i click allow individual because i dont want all then i go to "Add a new user-defined application" and then i get all this stuff which i filled out incorrectly i guess because i sitll cant host. . . .

Profile Name
Enter a name for the application profile that you are creating.

Application Name:
Definition
Choose a protocol and enter the port(s) for this application, then click ADD DEFINITION to add the definition to the Definition List. If the application requires multiple ports or both TCP and UDP ports, you will need to add multiple definitions.

Note: In some rare instances, certain application types require specialized firewall changes in addition to simple port forwarding. If the application you are adding appears in the application type menu below, it is recommended that you select it.
Protocol: TCP UDP
Port (or Range): From:
To:
Protocol Timeout (seconds): TCP default 86400
UDP default 600
Map to Host Port: Default = the same port as defined above.
Application Type:

I put TCP as protocol
port range 6112-6119
TCP Default of 86400
Map to host port: 6112
application type: microsoft game ( on a mac but that was closest looking thing to being accurate)

Named application "The Frozen Throne"

did i do something wrong here, please not i still cant get to options till i reinstall to check what port it shows, if that is the problem i can just keep retrying till i get the right one through 6112-6119 so thats not a big issue but lemme know if i i did something else wrong.

And i have no idea on this page where it says what router im using.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Bump, dont know if you can bump simply because it went out of the initial page. but when it says allow applications for hosting in the router configure page like i was told warcraft does not show at all?? age of empires, and about 50 other games and stuff shows, even xbox which i do not own but there is no warcraft? this normal or is this tide to the fact that i haven't reinstalled to fix my wc3 from crashin and what not.

That is normal. They are just presets built into the firmware for the router. You should just be able add Warcraft to the preset list or open up the port manually. It really depends on the type of router you have as to how you do it.

EDIT: you edited your last post. What brand/model router are you using?

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Like manytimes said i am at the url this second and looking at home network, firewall settings, system etc and im not seeing a brand or anything other than this

Network at a Glance

• Change system password
• Privacy policy
• View details
2701HG-B Gateway
• Software: 5.29.109.5
• Password: Set

• View summary
Broadband Link
Connection Speed:
• Incoming: 384 kbps
• Outgoing: 384 kbps

• View the home network
Home Network
Computers:
OwnerComputer
Wii

Edit: o wow i feel like a dumb blonde, i see the 2701 is the router and i see the guide at the portforward website now, hope it works i will edit momentarily if not.

Dave312

Reaction score
According to my friend Google, you have a 2wire 2701HG-B DSL Router. I was able to find this on how to forward ports for limewire. The process should be the same with the exception finding out limewire's ports.

EDIT: You like editing your posts while I'm posting.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
That is for PC and the one i used didnt work i think i might no why.

i used this guide. Wc3 guide

my problem is if you read through the guide it says when adding application a second page should pop up in which it shows he names in Name 2, i get no such thing. When i hit add application Name1 blah blah blah, another page pops up for editing Name1 but nothing about creating a Name2, nor adding name1 and name 2 he only adds one thing at the end of it abc1
why he keeps changing names is beyond me, can someone clarify because obviously by me creating Name1 and adding it, it did not work unless for some reason no1 likes dota anymore.

Tested also by creating
Name1
Name2
with 6112-6119 everything else default like the pictures showed and still no hosting :(
is there some underlining problem i missing, seriously any1 who finds that problem will get plus rep every day for the next year.

Dave312

Reaction score
You to add 2 definitions for Warcraft. The first one needs to be set to TCP and the other UDP. There is no second window so that's why it won't pop up.

So Add these defintions:
Name: WC3 TCP
Protocol: TCP
Ports: 6112-6119

and

Name: WC3 UDP
Protocol: UDP
Ports: 6112-6119

That should work.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Nope it worked with two TCPs and i had it at what you had it ZOMG i can finally host now, Plus rep for the next week to manytime curo and dave for all the help and ill give canon some too since he posted.

just like to say to all you out there its a pain being a mac user in a pc friendly game society.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.