is there gonna be another warcraft 3 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ihadabadname

i wonder is there gonna be another warcraft because i think there was an open ending in TFT

killerbf1

Reaction score
I don't think so. With the launch of WoW, and SCII comming soon, blizzard doesn't have time for another Warcraft 3. I think WoW branchs off of the ending in TFT, but im not sure, being as I don't spend my life on WoW.

I

ihadabadname

what a shame warcraft was a good strategy game i think i have played WoW but i stopt becaus i didn't want to pay :D to expensive

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Technically wouldn't it be warcraft4? or are you talking about another expansion. There will no doubt be another warcraft, but with blizzard focusing on WoW, which has so many possible patches and expansions to milk it even further, and Starcraft 2 coming out, warcraft won't be for a while, And they are already Working on a rts(starcraft2)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Definitely there will be another game (probably another sequel to Warcraft), but not for now. They might be working on that other game (hydra) right now, but they won't announce it until 1-2 years from the release date. Also, they don't need to. They Had Wc3, then they needed something new, WoW, wait a bit, Expansion, wait another bit, Expansion. Not many players? SC2. Maybe when SC2 is getting low, they will release another game.
I guess it's a business strategy. Always keep the money flowing. Now don't get me wrong, not saying they are only interested in money. But if they release 3 games at the time, many people can only get 1 or 2 (if they depend on parents :p)

Nudl9

Reaction score
I think they are letting WoW die now except for adding updates and that shit (i mean they wont make any more expansions).
Else they will probably finish SC2, then make an expansion and then in around 2009-2010 they will released another game hopefully to the warcraft series...

X

xtxChaosxtx

I think they are letting WoW die now except for adding updates and that shit (i mean they wont make any more expansions).
Else they will probably finish SC2, then make an expansion and then in around 2009-2010 they will released another game hopefully to the warcraft series...

What about Wrath of the Lich King?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think there will be a Wc4. It'll be around 2012 though xD

yeah and don't forget about project hydra (lol)

Whats that? :p

Edit:
Blizzard's third project: Hydra

Posted Sep 11th 2007 11:29AM by Mike Schramm
Filed under: Analysis / Opinion, Blizzard, News items
We already know Blizzard has three games in development right now. One of them is Wrath of the Lich King, the next WoW expansion. The second is Starcraft II. And the third is an as-of-yet-unannounced title... called Hydra.

That's what the Inquirer overheard at the Austin GDC. One Blizzard employee asked another what they were working on, and the overheard reply was "I'm working on Hydra."

So now we have an internal name for Blizzard's third project. Let the speculation begin. I'll start: the Hydra is a creature from Greek mythology, so maybe we're looking at a Diabloesque game set in Greece? Like Titan Quest (which is really Diablo anyway) or God of War, but made by Blizzard? And Hydras also appear in World of Warcraft (notably in BFD, where a Hydra is the final boss), so could it be possible that this is actually another WoW expansion, maybe the Maelstrom expansion we've been waiting for?

And judging by some other research.. it could possibly be Wc4 :p
Atm, Its an unknown game. It could be Diablo 3... But I don't think they'd keep that so 'secret' would they?

Edit 2:
What if its a Sc2 expansion? Early? ><

Edit3:
They're hiring for an MMO...
Hydra plus hiring for a Next-Gen MMO... StarCraft Universe, anyone?

...Well.. We know its not going to be Wc4. Or any RTS as a matter of fact.

esb

Reaction score
Come to think of it, most likely Diablo III, or (hopefully not) World of Starcraft (or something similar).

Check the jobs at the right column:
http://blizzard.com/us/jobopp/

Next-Gen MMO, oh, and it's 'Top Secret'

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
not only interested in money

Yeah whatever.

Maybe they'll make a Warcraft: Runescape edition, where everyone that plays it hates each other and everyone that doesn't play it unanimously agrees it sucks?

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
Come to think of it, most likely Diablo III, or (hopefully not) World of Starcraft (or something similar).

World of starcraft, does not sound to good, it would be more shooting and no items.

esb

Reaction score
@Varine: They won't give their games for free, and they do want to keep their audiance interested. Yes it's a very good business, but only because they only release good quality games, not crappy stuff people can call 'games' today. WoW was a gamble that not many liked, while others did.

@Insane!: You know, a MMO-FPS wouldn't be too bad... Reminds me of that AVP Game.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
@Varine: They won't give their games for free, and they do want to keep their audiance interested. Yes it's a very good business, but only because they only release good quality games, not crappy stuff people can call 'games' today. WoW was a gamble that not many liked, while others did.

That was meant more as a bit of sarcasm/a joke that no one probably got but me rather than a serious proposition. Probably should have put /sarcasm or something at the end.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was just going to make an entire new thread about 'Project Hydra'...
But where would it go? xD
It's blizzard, Its not warcraft, and its not starcraft...

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
They said if they did, it would skip all of WoW's storyline, and that it would be "One of the ideas on the table" in the future. So yes, there is a chance of it IMO, but if it ever does happen its going to be a long time from now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.