Is this a good hero idea ?

Doom-Bringer

Reaction score
I'm actually making an AoS (5v5) and I'm creating heroes and I would like feedback on some of them :
Gravis
Paladin
Divine Light : Gravis heals his target for 60/90/120/160/240 (+100% Intelligence and 50% strenght). This ability cooldown is reduced by 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 every time gravis attacks an enemy hero
Cooldown : 22/16/14/10/9
Crusader's Fury : Passive : Gravis hammer is empowered with holy light, allowing each of his attacks to deal bonus 3/5/6/7/8 (+20% intelligence) as magic damage.
Consecration : Gravis strikes the ground with his hammer, creating a holy circle that reduces the movement speed and attack speed of enemies standing in it, while increasing AS and MS of his allies.
Cooldown : 12 Sec
Divine Intervention : Gravis dashes to his ally, creating a holy shield for his target, absorbing 50/80/140/200/250 damage (100% Intelligence)
Cooldown : 8 sec
Holy Aura (Ultimate) : Passive : Gravis melee attacks grants him mana equal to 5/10/15% of the damage dealt
Toggle : Gravis hammer emits holy light that increases his and his allies' attack damage by 20/30/40 and heals himself by 15/30/60 (20% Intelligence) every sec while healing his allies for half that amount.
Drains 20/30/50 Mana per sec
Cooldown : 3

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
It's going to be difficult for anyone to give you feedback about hero ideas without knowing anything about the map other than the fact that it's an AoS-style map. Is it going to be a DOTA-clone with groups of weak creeps in 3 lanes, a level 25 hero level cap, and a high reliance on buying and upgrading items? What makes it different from every other AoS-gameplay type? That being said, here's what I would have questions about, regarding your hero concept.

It sounds like the "Paladin" (in quotation marks because there's already a WC3 Paladin hero) is a melee Intelligence-based hero that is based around team support. The problem with Intelligence melee heroes is that they don't get the health bonus from stacking Strength, or the armor bonus from stacking Agility, therefore they need decent defensive spells in order to survive on the front lines. It's unclear whether Divine Light can be self-cast (the core WC3 Paladin skill, Holy Light, can't be), and of the other skills, only the on-use half of the ultimate gives him any survivability. I would therefore be worried about whether he would be able to make effective use of his skills - a point-blank area of effect, a melee damage boost, an ally survival skill, a heal that refreshes faster in melee, and a point-blank damage and regeneration boost - without being a giant target to every enemy hero.

Secondly, the passive half of his ultimate (the mana regeneration) is impossible to judge properly without knowing the mana cost of the other skills or the items on the map. I would be worried, though, that as an Intelligence hero, the mana costs for the skills would either be so high as to make that bonus negligible, or else so low that, with the giant mana pool that Intelligence-based heroes tend to have, his abilities are limited by cooldowns rather than resources. In either case, that passive seems extremely weak.

Third, the other passive (Crusader's Fury) seems rather boring, especially since an Intelligence hero is already going to get extra damage from more Intelligence. If the point of the ability is to make players want to be in melee range when playing this hero, it might be more interesting to have it grant a chance to proc a stun, or deal AoE damage, or even make the next attack against the hero be dodged (which would help with the survivability issue as well).

So to sum up, as a melee Intelligence-based support hero, you need to A. make players want to use him in melee, and B. make him able to survive in melee against other heroes. He actually sounds similar in concept to the Retribution Paladins from World of Warcraft, whose resource model works because they aren't Intellect-based. You might be better off making your "Paladin" a Strength-based hero that has a base passive (not one you put skills in) that gives him a larger mana pool based on his Strength.

Doom-Bringer

Reaction score
It's going to be difficult for anyone to give you feedback about hero ideas without knowing anything about the map other than the fact that it's an AoS-style map. Is it going to be a DOTA-clone with groups of weak creeps in 3 lanes, a level 25 hero level cap, and a high reliance on buying and upgrading items? What makes it different from every other AoS-gameplay type? That being said, here's what I would have questions about, regarding your hero concept.

It sounds like the "Paladin" (in quotation marks because there's already a WC3 Paladin hero) is a melee Intelligence-based hero that is based around team support. The problem with Intelligence melee heroes is that they don't get the health bonus from stacking Strength, or the armor bonus from stacking Agility, therefore they need decent defensive spells in order to survive on the front lines. It's unclear whether Divine Light can be self-cast (the core WC3 Paladin skill, Holy Light, can't be), and of the other skills, only the on-use half of the ultimate gives him any survivability. I would therefore be worried about whether he would be able to make effective use of his skills - a point-blank area of effect, a melee damage boost, an ally survival skill, a heal that refreshes faster in melee, and a point-blank damage and regeneration boost - without being a giant target to every enemy hero.

Secondly, the passive half of his ultimate (the mana regeneration) is impossible to judge properly without knowing the mana cost of the other skills or the items on the map. I would be worried, though, that as an Intelligence hero, the mana costs for the skills would either be so high as to make that bonus negligible, or else so low that, with the giant mana pool that Intelligence-based heroes tend to have, his abilities are limited by cooldowns rather than resources. In either case, that passive seems extremely weak.

Third, the other passive (Crusader's Fury) seems rather boring, especially since an Intelligence hero is already going to get extra damage from more Intelligence. If the point of the ability is to make players want to be in melee range when playing this hero, it might be more interesting to have it grant a chance to proc a stun, or deal AoE damage, or even make the next attack against the hero be dodged (which would help with the survivability issue as well).

So to sum up, as a melee Intelligence-based support hero, you need to A. make players want to use him in melee, and B. make him able to survive in melee against other heroes. He actually sounds similar in concept to the Retribution Paladins from World of Warcraft, whose resource model works because they aren't Intellect-based. You might be better off making your "Paladin" a Strength-based hero that has a base passive (not one you put skills in) that gives him a larger mana pool based on his Strength.

Thanks for your comment, actually, I wanted him to be more of a melee hero being strenght-based, while having his spells increases with his intelligence to make him a sort of hybrid, perhaps lowering the scaling of intelligence and adding small strenght scaling at some places would help. Also, his first heal is castable on himself and is one of the reason to go melee, as it lowers his heal even more increasing his support potential. His second passive (the mana) was made so that it encourages him to go melee, attacking means more mana, which mean that he can keep up his ultimate longer. For his first passive, it's probably a little dull so ill change it to something better.

Gameplay wise, the map is not like dota, where agility increases armor. There is some difference like reducing mana gained by int but having casters scale into late game and having agility increasing the damage dealt by all heroes.

maxou

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Crusader's Fury : Passive : Gravis hammer is empowered with holy light, allowing each of his attacks to deal bonus 3/5/6/7/8 (+20% intelligence) as magic damage

This spell is, sorry but, actually pretty useless, except you can win a lot of intelligence, it won't scale into late game, not even in early.
Dunno if you know League of Legends, but in it, there is ranged hero who has a spell that deal every attack, a bonus of 10/14/18/22/26 damage, and he is ranged, so I guess you can make it stronger for a melee like 10/15/20/25/30 damage.

Edit: That's what I think about it if this heros was in LeagueOfLegends.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.