Is this Legal?

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
Okay so my war3 tft cd just broke, but i want to play and install the game anyway..

The version i have is a legally purchased copy with authentic cd-key and such.. so the question is:

Is it legal to download an .iso of war3 tft for me, since i have an original copy of the game (although broken)?
It would be nice if i didn't have to get a new disc.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you have a valid CD key it does not matter how you install or play the game really. The latest patch for War3 removes the requirement of the CD to even be in the drive to play.

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
As long as you have a valid CD key it does not matter how you install or play the game really. The latest patch for War3 removes the requirement of the CD to even be in the drive to play.

oh wow, that's great!
- and thanks :)

Rad

Reaction score
ISO's or roms are legal if you own a legal copy of the game (and obviously, are able to prove it). But some licensing agreements state you should not copy the disc etc, some have very strong copy protection. War3 should work.

You don't even need a CD, you just need the files. Extract the contents to a flash drive, then download the patch, you won't need your CD anymore (still need the key).

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
The reality of how software works in the context of business models is that the software itself is worth squat these days. When you buy software you pay for the key and not the disc.

So as long as you have legally obtained a key then how you get the software is up to you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.