issue order to unit and pause

SyrisX

Reaction score
I am building an rpg were there is a city of about 50 characters.. at any given moment, depending on both the day and time of day, I will need to issue orders to these characters to move to different places and interact in specific ways.

Is there a way to freeze units in place for a duration and have them continue with whatever order they were given prior to being "paused"?

Example:
Bob is given an order to move from point a to point b. During this time the unit "bob" is paused. Once bob is un-paused he continues to point b, without the order being reissued

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yep. Use the "PauseUnit" or "Unit - Pause/Unpause" function. Paused units that are unpaused will continue what it was doing.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Bob is given an order to move from point a to point b. During this time the unit "bob" is paused. Once bob is un-paused he continues to point b, without the order being reissued

make "Bob" move from a to b then to c. When he goes to b he w8s or something.

Pausing doesn't play animations? If so it would look crappy/choppy : ))

SyrisX

Reaction score
well, I have created custom interface (inventory, calendar, game menu) that covers the screen. When the player opens one of these screens, I want the game around him to pretty much just stop.. and then continue once they close the page.

pause/unit sounds like a good option in this case, since even if it looks choppy, you wont see it :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.