Issue point order by ID

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Hi!!
So far I've beem using:
Custom script: call IssuePointOrderById(udg_Cast_unit,852600,GetLocationX(udg_Temp_point),GetLocationY(udg_Temp_point))

This makes my unit use channel at Temp_point but it seems to only be targeting the centre of the map. I don't know anything about Jass so I can't really see where the problem is here.

Evil Seal

Reaction score
You have set an Variable called Temp_Point to the location you want the spell to be casted at? Just checking.:)

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Yea. I have set temp_point and I tested by creating a special effect at the point and it works but the ability is cast into the centre of the map.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you provide the complete trigger please? With only that single line of code it is hard to find the mistake.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Code:
Cast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Dummy
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 50, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Ability being cast) Equal to Spell[(Integer A)]
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Player_Number = (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
                        Set Temp_Loc_1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
                        Set Temp_Loc_2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
                        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 50, do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Ability being cast) Equal to Spell[(Integer A)]
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Set Cast_spell[Player_Number] = Spell_dummy[(Integer A)]
                                        Set Cast_charge[Player_Number] = Spell_charge[(Integer A)]
                                    Else - Actions
                        Countdown Timer - Start Cast_timer[Player_Number] as a One-shot timer that will expire in Cast_charge[Player_Number] seconds
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Player(Player_Number)) at Temp_Loc_2 facing (Angle from Temp_Loc_2 to Temp_Loc_1) degrees
                        Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Add Cast_spell[Player_Number] to (Last created unit)
                        Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Cast_group
                        Custom script:  call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_1)
                        Custom script:  call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_2)
                    Else - Actions

Code:
Spell Timer
    Events
        Time - Cast_timer[1] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[2] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[3] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[4] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[5] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[6] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[7] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[8] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[9] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[10] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[11] expires
        Time - Cast_timer[12] expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Remaining time for Cast_timer[(Integer A)]) Less than or equal to 0.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Player_Number = (Integer A)
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Cast_group and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Player(Player_Number))
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Set Cast_unit = (Picked unit)
                                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Player_Number))
                                        Set Temp_Loc_1 = (Position of Hero[Player_Number])
                                        Set Temp_Loc_2 = (Position of Cast_unit)
                                        Unit - Move Cast_unit instantly to Temp_Loc_1, facing Temp_Loc_2
                                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Loc_2 using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                                        Custom script:  call IssuePointOrderById(udg_Cast_unit,852600,GetLocationX(udg_Temp_point_2),GetLocationY(udg_Temp_point_2))
                                        Custom script:  call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_1)
                                        Custom script:  call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_2)
                                    Else - Actions
                    Else - Actions

I've already tried finding out where the problem is and I've narrowed it down to that single line. I don't really know Jass and I modified it from a line that I copied from somewhere else. So thats why I think that line is the problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.